Register to reply

AC circuit with dependant current and voltage source and open circuit element

by Yarnzorrr
Tags: circuit, current, dependant, element, source, voltage
Share this thread:
Yarnzorrr
Sep20-12, 10:42 AM
P: 11
I've been given the following problem (attached), not sure how to tackle this one, do I use mesh/node analysis and super node analysis, or can I find the v in the loop with the dependant voltage source then use that as the supply to the second and third loops?

Not sure, any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2012-09-20 at 11.34.26 PM.png  
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Mysterious source of ozone-depleting chemical baffles NASA
Water leads to chemical that gunks up biofuels production
How lizards regenerate their tails: Researchers discover genetic 'recipe'
gneill
Sep20-12, 12:22 PM
Mentor
P: 11,676
The problem asks you to find Vx in terms of Ix. Seems to me that you can ignore the left hand loop entirely for this and just assume that Ix is, well, Ix. So what current does the current source in the middle produce?
Yarnzorrr
Sep20-12, 08:15 PM
P: 11
So I just find the current through the 2 and 1 KΩ on the left, ignoring the dependant voltage source?

gneill
Sep20-12, 11:48 PM
Mentor
P: 11,676
AC circuit with dependant current and voltage source and open circuit element

Quote Quote by Yarnzorrr View Post
So I just find the current through the 2 and 1 KΩ on the left, ignoring the dependant voltage source?
No, you just ignore the left hand loop entirely. Ix is the given current; You're looking for an expression (equation), not a numerical result.
CWatters
Sep21-12, 10:34 AM
P: 3,135
eg just look at the right hand side. Take the input as 30*Ix. Write the equation and divide by 30.

Register to reply