Register to reply

Problems Waking Up in the Morning

by Aero51
Tags: morning, waking
Share this thread:
Aero51
Aug8-13, 03:09 PM
P: 546
I put this in the medicine category because I think the nature of my problem is not trivial.

Anyway, throughout my whole life I have had a tremendous difficulty waking up in the morning or waking up in general for that matter. After about 7-8 hours, I will rise from my slumber only to be consumed my immense exhaustion within 2 minutes. I end up sleeping in another 2-3 hours. In addition, if I get even 30 minutes less than a full 8 hours I cannot function for the rest of the day.
I am thinking about going to my GP, but I have no idea what they are going to do. Does anyone have any ideas what may cause someone to have trouble waking up besides staying up late drinking/partying.
Phys.Org News Partner Medical research news on Phys.org
12 states now reporting severe respiratory illness that targets kids
Major U.S. food makers cut 6.4 trillion calories from products: report
Researchers discover how bacteria resist antibiotics in hospitals
Evo
Aug8-13, 03:31 PM
Mentor
P: 26,661
We can't diagnose you here and suggestions could lead you astray. Please see a doctor if it bothers you that much, they will most likely start with basic blood tests and asking questions. If nothing shows up, they might suggest an overnight sleep study to evaluate the quality and amount of sleep you are actually getting.

Good luck to you.

Register to reply