Which site to download Inkscape?

• Thread starter yungman
  • Start date
In summary, CNET is a reputable tech website owned by CBS and should be safe to download from. The main website for Inkscape also provides a safe download link to Sourceforge. It is recommended to avoid downloading from torrent websites and instead use the official website.
yungman
There are quite a few sites to download Inkscape. I don't know which one is safe. I even saw one by CNET. What is CNET?

thanks

Computer science news on Phys.org
CNET is a big tech news/review/help site owned by CBS (as in the TV network). They should be safe to download from. I think I've downloaded some Mac stuff from them in the past.

Likes 1 person
The link on the main site http://www.inkscape.org/en/ to Sourceforge should be fine.

Likes 1 person
DavidSnider said:
The link on the main site http://www.inkscape.org/en/ to Sourceforge should be fine.
Yeah . Inkscape is a free software so you can just download it from the main website instead of searching torrent websites :biggrin:

jtbell said:
CNET is a big tech news/review/help site owned by CBS (as in the TV network). They should be safe to download from. I think I've downloaded some Mac stuff from them in the past.

That's what I want to hear. thanks

1. What is Inkscape and why would I want to download it?

Inkscape is a free and open-source vector graphics editor used for creating and editing vector images, illustrations, and diagrams. It is a popular software for graphic designers, artists, and web developers due to its user-friendly interface and powerful features.

2. Are there any potential risks or viruses when downloading Inkscape from a site?

As with any software download, there is always a risk of downloading from a malicious or unreliable site. It is recommended to only download Inkscape from its official website or other trusted sources to avoid any potential risks or viruses.

3. Can I download Inkscape on both Windows and Mac operating systems?

Yes, Inkscape is compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems. The software can be downloaded from the Inkscape website and installation instructions are provided for each operating system.

4. Is Inkscape completely free to download and use?

Yes, Inkscape is a free and open-source software, meaning it is available for anyone to download and use without any cost. It is licensed under the GNU General Public License (GPL).

5. What is the difference between downloading Inkscape and using it online?

Inkscape is primarily a desktop software, meaning it needs to be downloaded and installed on a computer to use it. However, there is also an online version called InkscapeWeb that allows users to access some of the software's features through a web browser. The online version may have some limitations compared to the desktop version.