3N187, where to find this type of MOSFET in LTSpice

In summary, the conversation is about finding a specific type of MOSFET in LTspice for a project. The person is looking for help and is directed to a website and given advice on how to model the MOSFET in LTspice. A solution is also provided by another user and a text library file is attached for those interested in dual gate FET LTspice models. The conversation ends with a thank you and well wishes for the new year.
michael1978
hello 3N187, where to find this type of mosfet in ltspice, , because i am reading one good book and i need this 3N187, any help is welcome

Engineering news on Phys.org
is that with money?

is possible something similar to make self, me i don't know, only if somebody help me

You must buy transistor components. They would be impossible for a hobbyist to manufacture to spec.

jedishrfu said:
You must buy transistor components. They would be impossible for a hobbyist to manufacture to spec.
i just need one dual gate, gratis, i find one, but i don't know how to install in ltspcie
https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/threads/dual-gate-mosfet-model-for-ltspice.131162/

michael1978 said:
than you, i will try to make
no i don't know is dual gate model

michael1978 said:
no i don't know is dual gate model

that doesn't make sense

You should be able to model it as two stacked single gate fets. That's really all it is inside, sharing one channel so the drain of the lower one is also the source of the upper one. Set Vthresh for the upper one equal to the difference between the external lower and upper gate thresholds.

olaney said:
You should be able to model it as two stacked single gate fets. That's really all it is inside, sharing one channel so the drain of the lower one is also the source of the upper one. Set Vthresh for the upper one equal to the difference between the external lower and upper gate thresholds.
thank you but i fix it

thnx to everybody

michael1978 said:
3N187, where to find this type of mosfet in ltspice, , because i am reading one good book and i need this 3N187,
What is that “one good book” ?

Michael1978 also posted on the "All About Circuits" website. A solution was provided by Bordodynov who is also a stalwart of the Ltspice yahoo group. It is well worth joining the yahoo group if you are using Ltspice.

A text library file is attached for those who are interested in dual gate FET Ltspice models.

Attachments

• Dg_nmos.lib.txt
    7.8 KB · Views: 997
Likes michael1978
Baluncore said:
What is that “one good book” ?

Michael1978 also posted on the "All About Circuits" website. A solution was provided by Bordodynov who is also a stalwart of the Ltspice yahoo group. It is well worth joining the yahoo group if you are using Ltspice.

A text library file is attached for those who are interested in dual gate FET Ltspice models.
thnx and happy new year

1. What is 3N187 MOSFET?

The 3N187 is a type of N-channel MOSFET (Metal-Oxide-Semiconductor Field-Effect Transistor) that is commonly used in electronic circuit design. It is a three-terminal device that can be used as a switch or amplifier in various applications.

2. What are the key characteristics of 3N187 MOSFET?

The 3N187 MOSFET has a maximum drain-source voltage of 200V, a maximum continuous drain current of 13A, and a low on-state resistance. It also has a high switching speed and low gate threshold voltage, making it suitable for high-frequency applications.

3. Where can I find 3N187 MOSFET in LTSpice?

The 3N187 MOSFET can be found in the LTSpice library under the MOSFETs category. You can search for it by typing "3N187" in the search bar or by browsing through the N-channel MOSFETs subcategory.

4. How do I simulate a circuit with 3N187 MOSFET in LTSpice?

To simulate a circuit with 3N187 MOSFET in LTSpice, you need to first add the MOSFET to your circuit by clicking on the component in the toolbar or by using the shortcut "M". Then, you can specify the MOSFET parameters in the component properties window and connect it to the rest of your circuit. Finally, you can run the simulation and analyze the results.

5. Can I use 3N187 MOSFET in my circuit design?

Yes, you can use the 3N187 MOSFET in your circuit design as long as it meets your requirements and is compatible with other components in your circuit. It is always recommended to consult the datasheet and simulate the circuit before implementing it in a real-world application.