A Kirchhoff problem: Find the currents and voltages in this circuit

In summary, the conversation revolved around determining the intensities and voltage in a circuit using the Superposition and Kirchoff equations. The equations were rearranged and various values were calculated for I1, I2, I3, I4, and I5. However, the system of equations for I3 and I5 did not work out. The conversation ended with a suggestion to rearrange the circuit for better understanding.
Guillem_dlc

Homework Statement

In the circuit of the figure, determine the intensities I1, I2, I3, I4, I5 and the voltage Ug.

Homework Equations

Superposition and Kirchoff

The Attempt at a Solution

20-10I1+5I3-10I1=0
5I3+Ug+5I5=0
20I2+10I2-150=0

From the last equation, 30I2 = 150, I2 = 5 A

KNOTS:

-10-I4-5=0 I4=-15 A

-I5+(-15)+5=0 I5=-10 A

System of knot equations of I3 and I5 does not work

-10-I1-I3=0
I3+I1-10=0

I3=-10-I1
-10-I1+I1-10=0 -20≠0

Here I have stayed, the part of the left is what resists me

Physics news on Phys.org
Guillem_dlc said:
In the circuit of the figure

Here it is:

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    6.5 KB · Views: 431
Have you considered rearranging the right hand side of the circuit temporarily?

Attachments

• Modified.png
    Modified.png
    6.3 KB · Views: 402
Okay I try so, thanks!

1. What is a Kirchhoff problem?

A Kirchhoff problem refers to a type of circuit analysis problem where the goal is to determine the currents and voltages at different points in a circuit using Kirchhoff's laws.

2. What are Kirchhoff's laws?

Kirchhoff's laws are two fundamental principles in circuit analysis that state: 1) the sum of currents entering a node (junction) in a circuit must equal the sum of currents leaving the node, and 2) the sum of voltage drops around a closed loop in a circuit must equal the sum of voltage sources in that loop.

3. How do you solve a Kirchhoff problem?

To solve a Kirchhoff problem, you first need to draw a schematic of the circuit and label all components and nodes. Then, apply Kirchhoff's laws to write equations that relate the currents and voltages in the circuit. Finally, use algebraic manipulation and substitution to solve for the unknown values.

4. What are some common mistakes when solving a Kirchhoff problem?

Some common mistakes when solving a Kirchhoff problem include forgetting to apply Kirchhoff's laws, using incorrect signs for voltage drops or current directions, and not properly labeling components and nodes in the circuit.

5. Can Kirchhoff's laws be used for any type of circuit?

Yes, Kirchhoff's laws can be applied to any type of circuit, including series, parallel, and combination circuits. However, they are most commonly used for circuits with resistors, capacitors, and inductors.