AC circuit: Find the current through the inductor & capacitor

In summary, The conversation involves a discussion about a problem involving nodal analysis and obtaining the values for I(L) and I(C). One person confirms that the other's work looks good and they both obtain the same results. However, the second person points out a mistake in the evaluation of the expression for I1, which doesn't affect the results for I(L) and I(C). The correct value for I1 is 3.4955 ∠ -11.2195°.
Michael_0039
Homework Statement
AC circuit: Find the current through the inductor & capacitor
Relevant Equations
nil
Hi!

I wonder if it is correct. Can someone confirm (maybe with a software) ?

New Doc 2019-11-10 17.34.03_3.jpg

New Doc 2019-11-10 17.34.03_1.jpg

New Doc 2019-11-10 17.34.03_2.jpg

I(L) = I2
I(C) = I2 - I3
--

Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
Your work looks good. I worked the problem via nodal analysis and obtained the same results. Good job.

Likes phinds and Michael_0039
Michael_0039, at the very end of your work, you didn't evaluate the expression for I1 correctly.

The correct value for I1 is 3.4955 ∠ -11.2195°

This doesn't affect your result for I(L) and I(C), but it is still a mistake.

The Electrician said:
Michael_0039, at the very end of your work, you didn't evaluate the expression for I1 correctly.

The correct value for I1 is 3.4955 ∠ -11.2195°

This doesn't affect your result for I(L) and I(C), but it is still a mistake.
You are right, I forgot (10+(10*I2))/12

1. What is an AC circuit?

An AC circuit is a type of electrical circuit that uses alternating current (AC) to power electronic devices. AC current changes direction periodically and is commonly used in household electricity.

2. How do you find the current through an inductor and capacitor in an AC circuit?

To find the current through an inductor and capacitor in an AC circuit, you can use the AC circuit equations that involve the frequency, capacitance, and inductance of the circuit. Alternatively, you can use Kirchhoff's laws to analyze the circuit and determine the current through each component.

3. What is an inductor and how does it affect current in an AC circuit?

An inductor is a passive electrical component that stores energy in the form of a magnetic field. In an AC circuit, an inductor can resist changes in current and cause a phase shift between voltage and current.

4. How does a capacitor impact current in an AC circuit?

A capacitor is a passive electrical component that stores energy in the form of an electric field. In an AC circuit, a capacitor can block DC current and allow AC current to pass through, causing a phase shift between voltage and current.

5. What factors can affect the current through an inductor and capacitor in an AC circuit?

The current through an inductor and capacitor in an AC circuit can be affected by the frequency of the AC current, the value of capacitance and inductance in the circuit, and the resistance of the rest of the circuit components.