Add Friends: Simple Guide for Beginners

• Thread starter parthchavo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Friends
In summary, the conversation is about how to add friends and be part of a group on a website. The advice given is to post in threads and interact with others to make friends, or to click on a user's name to add them to your contact list and request to be friends. The speaker also mentions not accepting friend requests to avoid leaving some people out.
parthchavo
Sorry I am wandering away from the subject but could someone please explain to me, how to add friends and be a part of a group or something? I am new to this website, and I have no idea what to do.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi partchavo, just post to threads you are interested in and before long peopel will get to know you. It takes a little while.

thanks!

This or you can receive friendship requests in a blink of an eye by turning GD into a war zone. :tongue2:

Okay okay, kidding. :biggrin:

On the left hand side of each post you will find the poster's name. If you left click on the name it will allow you to add them to your contact list. That will also allow you to make a request to them to become your friend. Don't bother clicking mine. I refuse all such requests because I don't want to leave the impression that I am friends with some and not with all. Also remember, the best way to make a friend is to be a friend.

1. What is the purpose of adding friends?

The purpose of adding friends is to expand your social circle and connect with people who share similar interests or values. It can also help you stay connected with friends and family who may live far away.

2. How do I add friends?

To add friends, you can search for their name or username on the platform and send them a friend request. You can also import contacts from your email or phone to see if anyone you know is already on the platform.

3. Can I add someone I don't know as a friend?

Yes, you can add someone you don't know as a friend on some platforms. However, it is important to be cautious when adding strangers and to only add people you feel comfortable connecting with.

4. How do I accept or decline friend requests?

You can accept or decline friend requests by going to your friend requests section on the platform. From there, you can choose to accept, decline, or ignore the request. You can also manage your friend requests in your account settings.

5. Is it possible to unfriend someone?

Yes, it is possible to unfriend someone by going to their profile and selecting the option to unfriend. You can also manage your list of friends in your account settings and unfriend someone from there.