ANSYS workbench-surface load parametrize

• Thread starter Sameer_1987
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Ansys Load
In summary: Hello nvn,Thank you for your reply. By that, do you mean applying surface loads on all those sections/surfaces and if i am simulating for 1st section then un-suppress the load on the 1st section and suppress the loads on all other sections and so on for all other sections?SameerSameer_1987: I am not sure, but I envisioned that you would have a boundary condition set menu. In that menu, I envisioned that there would be an input field for load set number. In the load set number field, enter 1 for load set 1; this is step 2 in post 2. For step 3 in post 2, change 1 to 2 in the load set
Sameer_1987
Hello all,

I have a problem in ANSYS workbench. I have modeled a curved hollow cylinder and I have divided the top face(ring shaped) into various sections as shown in the attachment picture. I am applying surface loads on those sections/surfaces. Is there a way that I can make the load move from one section to the other by changing an angle thereby parameterizing the load location? Right now I am manually selecting a load in a section and then removing an re applying to next section and its taking a lot of time. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Sameer Jade

Attachments

• Bone.png
    Bone.png
    29.4 KB · Views: 677
Engineering news on Phys.org
Sameer_1987: I do not know of a way to fully parameterize it, but perhaps the following steps might help a little.
  1. You can create a different load set on each section. Therefore, you would have load set 1, load set 2, etc. (No need to delete nor move any loads, once you create them.)

2. Afterwards, in your boundary condition set menu, you can select load set 1, then run your analysis.

3. After step 2, go back into your above boundary condition set menu, change load set 1 to load set 2, then run your analysis.

4. Repeat step 3 for load set 3, 4, 5, etc.

Last edited:
Hello nvn,

Thank you for your reply. By that, do you mean applying surface loads on all those sections/surfaces and if i am simulating for 1st section then un-suppress the load on the 1st section and suppress the loads on all other sections and so on for all other sections?

Sameer

Sameer_1987: I am not sure, but I envisioned that you would have a boundary condition set menu. In that menu, I envisioned that there would be an input field for load set number. In the load set number field, enter 1 for load set 1; this is step 2 in post 2. For step 3 in post 2, change 1 to 2 in the load set number field. Does this help clarify post 2? You are not really suppressing or unsuppressing, per se. You are just selecting one of the load sets by entering 1, 2, 3, etc., in the load set number field. Does Ansys Workbench have a boundary condition set menu like this, or something to that effect?

Hello nvn,

I do have a boundary condition menu. But there is not an option for inserting a load set number to my knowledge. We can select any surface or point in the volume and apply a force to it.

1. What is ANSYS Workbench-Surface Load Parametrize and what is it used for?

ANSYS Workbench-Surface Load Parametrize is a tool used in the ANSYS software suite for creating and analyzing surface loads on a 3D model. It allows users to define and apply various types of surface loads such as pressure, force, and thermal loads to specific areas of a model.

2. How do I parametrize a surface load in ANSYS Workbench?

To parametrize a surface load in ANSYS Workbench, first select the desired surface on the model. Then, right-click on the "Surface Loads" folder in the tree view and select "Add/Edit Surface Load". From here, you can define the type, magnitude, and location of the surface load.

3. Can I modify a parametrized surface load after it has been applied to a model?

Yes, you can modify a parametrized surface load at any time after it has been applied to a model. Simply select the surface load in the tree view and make the desired changes in the details view. The changes will be automatically updated in the model.

4. What types of boundary conditions can be applied using ANSYS Workbench-Surface Load Parametrize?

ANSYS Workbench-Surface Load Parametrize allows users to apply a wide range of boundary conditions to a model, including pressure, force, thermal loads, and displacement constraints. Users can also define custom boundary conditions using mathematical expressions.

5. Is ANSYS Workbench-Surface Load Parametrize compatible with other ANSYS tools?

Yes, ANSYS Workbench-Surface Load Parametrize is fully compatible with other ANSYS tools. Users can easily transfer models between different ANSYS software packages and use the surface load parametrization tool in conjunction with other analysis tools for a more comprehensive analysis of their model.