Best Budget Phone Cameras Under £200

In summary: So if you are looking for a good camera, a high-end phone might not be necessary.In summary, people generally recommend the Google Nexus 5x or the Motorola Moto G as good options for a budget-minded smartphone with a good camera. One downside to both phones is that they are not as good as more expensive options.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
I am looking for my next phone camera, i have £200 to spend, i want one that can take a good photo, the rest can all be basic, i do not need internet on it, do you have any recommendations..

Computer science news on Phys.org
I doubt such a beast - a phone with a good camera but without the internet - exists these days.

Likes davenn
There are a lot of options, but they will likely all be smartphones. "Good photo" is pretty subjective, but my guess is almost any modern smartphone may meet your needs.

I'm an Android guy, so my first-thought recommendations are either the http://www.motorola.com/us/products/moto-g or the Google Nexus 5x, both are well-rated and very reasonably priced smartphones (the Nexus 5x has a better camera than the Moto G FYI). You might also browse this site's articles if Android is something you would be interested in: http://www.androidcentral.com/. As always, check compatibility of the smartphones in your area before purchasing.

wolram said:
i want one that can take a good photo
That's hard to quantify. does good include HDR, panorama, manual exposures. Lots of pixels? raw mode?

I've had good luck buying used phones here. The iphone 5s takes good pictures. (although I'm an android guy)
https://swappa.com/buy/apple-iphone-5s?action=buy

Borek said:
I doubt such a beast - a phone with a good camera but without the internet - exists these days.

have to completely agree with this commentDave

I've got Huawei ascend g7. The camera is OK for the price category but if course it is not as good as more expensive ones. I am afraid that you will not be able to get an excellent camera for 200 pounds.

Sophia said:
I've got Huawei ascend g7. The camera is OK for the price category but if course it is not as good as more expensive ones. I am afraid that you will not be able to get an excellent camera for 200 pounds.

Guess i will have to look on the second hand market, thanks.

Note that both of the phones I listed (http://www.motorola.com/us/products/moto-g or the Google Nexus 5x) both meet your budget requirements. 2015 has been an especially good year for the budget-minded smartphone market.

wolram said:
I am looking for my next phone camera, i have £200 to spend, i want one that can take a good photo, the rest can all be basic, i do not need internet on it, do you have any recommendations..
I am glad you ask this question in PF. Here people do mainly with mainstream science and calculus a lot.
Do you pay people you ask to look up phones for you ? :DD Please add some extra pennies to pay them if you don't.
200p I think is not enough to get a good phone. So if you are accidentally introduced to bad phones and later buy any, don't be sad. Think about your main plan to get such a pretty cheap phone. Except that it can help you keep or store contacts, take pictures and call customers, what else would it be more useful to pay for ?

I don't have a good modern phone myself. I have one at $35 but I can use the internet, face-book, check emails and call people. And yes, its screen and taken image quality are seriously bad.

Wolram, even the most basic phones have the ability to access the internet, it's your plan that activates it, gives you discounts for using it, etc...

Nokia lumia 1020 has a good camera.

Related to Best Budget Phone Cameras Under £200

What are the top features to look for in a budget phone camera under £200?

When looking for a budget phone camera under £200, there are a few key features to consider. Firstly, look for a camera with a high megapixel count, as this will ensure better image quality. Secondly, consider the aperture size, as a wider aperture will allow more light into the camera and result in better low-light performance. Thirdly, consider the presence of image stabilization technology, which will help reduce blur in photos and videos. Finally, look for a camera with manual controls, as this will allow for more creative control over your photos.

Can budget phone cameras under £200 produce high-quality images?

Yes, budget phone cameras under £200 can produce high-quality images. While they may not have the same advanced features and capabilities as more expensive cameras, they can still produce impressive photos when used correctly. Just be sure to look for a camera with the features mentioned above and learn how to use them effectively.

What are the advantages of buying a budget phone camera under £200?

One of the main advantages of buying a budget phone camera under £200 is the affordability. These cameras offer a great value for their price and can provide decent image quality for everyday photography needs. Additionally, budget phone cameras are often compact and easy to use, making them a convenient option for on-the-go photography.

Are there any downsides to buying a budget phone camera under £200?

While budget phone cameras can offer great value, there are some downsides to consider. These cameras may not have all the advanced features and capabilities of more expensive cameras, resulting in limited creative control and lower image quality in certain situations. Additionally, budget phone cameras may not have as long of a lifespan as more expensive cameras, so you may need to upgrade sooner.

Are budget phone cameras under £200 suitable for professional photography?

While budget phone cameras can produce high-quality images, they may not be suitable for professional photography needs. These cameras may not have the same level of image quality, versatility, and durability as more expensive professional cameras. However, they can be a great starting point for beginners or those on a tight budget.