Best calculator for electrical engineer

In summary: GMAIL.COMIn summary, the three best calculators for an electrical engineer would be the TI-89 Titanium, the TI-Nspire CX CAS Handheld, and the HP50g.
engwas
Hi
I need best calculator for electrical engineer ( communication or computer networks)
I think ti-89 for DE solver
read about casio and hp
but still need advance for pro.

Thanks

Computer science news on Phys.org
I use a TI-30X. Everything I need, no crap I don't.

If the TI website recommended that a Casio was the best buy for your application, them you should DEFINITELY buy the Casio. :biggrin:

HP has nice models. Consider all before buying. It used to be which OS one is locked into that makes that one the choice, forward algebraic with TI, reverse Polish with HP. Now many models from both TI & HP offer switchable OS. You can use forward algebraic or reverse Polish with a flip of a switch.

Claude

The best calculator for an EE specializing in comm or computer networks? The Ti89 is good and easy to find, my first recommendation.
My preference would be for a pocket calculator (with buttons, but there are apps available too) would be an Hp 42s. Sadly no longer available.
Third, an Hp 50G (actually, I kind of like the old and slow Hp 48G, but also no longer available retail).
Since I mention out of date calculators, a Ti-86 would be very good too. In fact, it may be your best option, unless you know you like RPN. The Ti-86 is WAY better laid out than the Ti-89, but doesn't have CAS. Your need for CAS probably wouldn't be that great. Great number crunching tool.

If you want a flashy, fast toy..err tool, the Hp Prime would probably work for you too.

hi
I'm utilizing a HP50g for EE right now. I get its a bit excessive and expensive and however once I began to get used to it, I could never backpedal to the TI any longer and it issued me more trust in my courses in light of its huge array of capacities.
Thanks
ZARAJOHN@

1. What features should I look for in a calculator for electrical engineering?

When choosing a calculator for electrical engineering, it is important to look for features such as complex number calculations, conversion between different unit systems, and the ability to perform advanced mathematical functions like integrals and derivatives. It should also have a large display screen and be able to store and recall previous calculations.

2. Is a graphing calculator necessary for electrical engineering?

A graphing calculator can be very helpful for visualizing complex mathematical functions, but it is not a necessity for electrical engineering. Many basic scientific calculators have the necessary features for electrical engineering calculations. However, if you plan on pursuing higher education or a career in electrical engineering, a graphing calculator may be a worthwhile investment.

3. Can I use a regular calculator for electrical engineering?

While it is possible to use a regular calculator for simple calculations in electrical engineering, it may not have all the necessary features for more advanced calculations. It is recommended to use a calculator specifically designed for engineering or scientific purposes to ensure accuracy and efficiency in your work.

4. Are there any recommended brands or models for calculators in electrical engineering?

Some popular brands for calculators in electrical engineering include Texas Instruments, Casio, and HP. It is important to research and compare different models to find one that suits your specific needs and budget.

5. Can I use a calculator app on my phone for electrical engineering?

While there are many calculator apps available for download on smartphones, they may not have all the necessary features for electrical engineering calculations. It is recommended to use a physical calculator for more accurate and efficient results, especially for more complex calculations. However, a calculator app can be a convenient backup option for simple calculations on-the-go.