Which calculator is best for postgraduate electrical engineering studies?

In summary, the conversation discusses purchasing a calculator for use in electrical engineering and communication studies. The recommended calculator is the TI-89, which is expensive but worth it for its capabilities. The TI-36X is also suggested as a cheaper alternative, and the TI-Nspire CX CAS is deemed less suitable. Other options include the HP 50G and RPN calculator apps. Ultimately, any classical scientific calculator will suffice as long as the user knows how to use it.
engwas
HI
I need your advice to buy a calculator to be used in master study in electrical engineering-communication and computer networks and also useful as an engineer (electrical engineer/Electronics & Communication)
Thanks in advice

Computer science news on Phys.org
TI-89

that being said I rarely use a calculator anymore. I use matlab/excel for 99% of my computation

Yep, TI-89 is the ticket. A little pricey at $140 or whatever, but worth it.

You can buy a "secondary" calculator, the TI-36X for $10 that works pretty well for engineering as long as you don't need graphs, matrices, multivariables or integrals solved. TI-36X is also legal on the FE and PE Exams.

Thanks
what about TI-Nspire™ CX CAS is it or TI-89 Titanium

The Ti-89 is better for your needs than the Ti-nspire CX CAS. At your level, you could go cheap ie Ti-36X pro and an Android or I-pad app or cheap software alternative as well.

The Ti-89 also comes with EE-Pro or it is free to download for a Ti-89. That software used to cost Hp calculator owners around $100 before Ti bought the software out and took it away from the Hp market.
You might consider an Hp 50G, but you should play with an RPN calculator app before you spend real money on one.

engwas said:
I need your advice to buy a calculator to be used in master study in electrical engineering-communication and computer networks and also useful as an engineer (electrical engineer/Electronics & Communication)
Thanks in advice
Any classical scientific calculator should be more than enough... if you know how to use it.

1. What is a postgraduate calculator?

A postgraduate calculator is a tool that helps students estimate the cost of pursuing a postgraduate degree, including tuition, fees, living expenses, and potential financial aid.

2. How does a postgraduate calculator work?

A postgraduate calculator typically asks for information such as the type of degree, program length, residency status, and desired school. It then calculates the estimated cost based on these factors and any available financial aid data.

3. Is the estimated cost from a postgraduate calculator accurate?

The estimated cost from a postgraduate calculator is typically a good approximation, but it may vary depending on the accuracy of the information provided and any changes in tuition or financial aid. It is always best to consult with the school directly for the most accurate cost information.

4. Can I use a postgraduate calculator for international programs?

Some postgraduate calculators may have options for international programs, but it is important to make sure the calculator takes into account any additional costs for international students, such as visa fees and travel expenses.

5. Are postgraduate calculators only for traditional programs?

No, postgraduate calculators can also be used for online or part-time programs. However, it is important to make sure the calculator includes any additional fees or expenses for these types of programs.