Confused About Where to Begin? Start Here!

In summary, the conversation discusses the relationship between polarization and magnetization and their corresponding vector fields, as well as the use of equations to convert between these fields. The conversation also mentions the use of \epsilon_0 and \mu_0 instead of \chi_s and presents equations for part a and part b.
ParticleGinger6
New user has been reminded to show their work on schoolwork questions
Homework Statement
Maxwell's Equation in matter reduces to Maxwell's equation in vacuum if polarization and magnetization are zero?
Relevant Equations
They can be found in the attached photo
I do not know where to start.

Attachments

• Chegg 5.6.20.JPG
    Chegg 5.6.20.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 174
Physics news on Phys.org
How are polarization (i.e. the Polarization Vector Field) and magnetization (i.e. Magnetization Vector Field)\\ related to the vector fields [itex] \vec D [/itex] , [itex] \vec E [/itex], [itex] \vec B [/itex], and [itex] \vec H [/itex]?

@robphy so i found the equations D = epsilon*E and H = (1/mu)*H where epsilon = epsilon(not)*(1+Xe) and mu = mu(not)*(1+Xe). I think if I use that convert D into terms of P which would look like P = D - epsilon(not)*E and H = B/(mu(not)*(1+Xe)). From there you can get Magnetization from M = Xm*H

Am I on the right track

Yes... but use [itex] \epsilon_0[/itex] and [itex] \mu_0[/itex] instead of the [itex] \chi[/itex]s.

@robphy I believe I figured it out. So by using D = epsilon(not)E + P and H = B/mu(not) - M I was able to get to
dell * E = rou/epsilon(not) and dell cross B = mu(not)*J + mu(not)*epsilon(not)*(curly(d)*E/curly(d)t) for part a
Then for part b
I used P = epsilon(not)*X*E to get dell*E = rou/epsilon(not)
I used M = Xm*H to get dell cross B = mu(not)*J + mu(not)*epsilon(not)*(curly(d)*E/curly(d)t)
Both assuming mu approaches mu(not) and epsilon approaches epsilon(not)

1. What is "Confused About Where to Begin? Start Here!"?

"Confused About Where to Begin? Start Here!" is a guide or resource that helps individuals who are feeling overwhelmed or unsure about where to start with a particular task or project.

2. Who can benefit from using "Confused About Where to Begin? Start Here!"?

Anyone who is feeling confused or unsure about where to start with a task or project can benefit from using "Confused About Where to Begin? Start Here!". This can include students, professionals, or individuals working on personal projects.

3. How can "Confused About Where to Begin? Start Here!" help me?

"Confused About Where to Begin? Start Here!" can help you by providing a step-by-step guide on how to approach a task or project. It can also offer tips and strategies for staying organized and managing your time effectively.

4. Is "Confused About Where to Begin? Start Here!" only for beginners?

No, "Confused About Where to Begin? Start Here!" can be helpful for individuals at any level. Whether you are a beginner or have experience with a particular task or project, this resource can provide valuable guidance and help you stay on track.

5. Where can I find "Confused About Where to Begin? Start Here!"?

"Confused About Where to Begin? Start Here!" can be found online through various websites and resources. You can also ask your teacher, mentor, or colleagues for recommendations on where to find this resource.