Creating a Thread on PhysicsForums App with Android Galaxy S5

• Thread starter Newtenstein
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the difficulty of creating a thread on the PhysicsForums app for an android galaxy s5. It is recommended to use a computer or tablet instead, and the app is suggested to be deleted in favor of using a laptop or the mobile website occasionally.
Newtenstein
Hello I have an android galaxy s5 and had to log onto my computer to do this post. I have the PhysicsForums app and can't find out how to create a thread on my phone.

Physics news on Phys.org
The app is not that intuitive. First off, make sure you are signed-in: you have to go to "sign up" and then log in. Then, click on the menu at the top left and go to "browse". Once you are in browsing mode, a pencil icon will appear at the top of the app to create a new thread.

I use the mobile website, not the app.

Newtenstein said:
Hello I have an android galaxy s5 and had to log onto my computer to do this post. I have the PhysicsForums app and can't find out how to create a thread on my phone.
If you have a computer or a tablet, I suggest that you use them.

Thanks for the reply Evo and Russ. I've come to the conclusion the app lacks on every level after viewing the webpage. Therfore I shall delete the app and participate from my laptop, and mobile website on occasion. Thanks again

Related to Creating a Thread on PhysicsForums App with Android Galaxy S5

1. How do I create a thread on the PhysicsForums app with my Android Galaxy S5?

To create a thread on the PhysicsForums app with your Android Galaxy S5, open the app and navigate to the forum section you want to post in. Then, click on the "New Thread" button, which is usually located at the top or bottom of the page. Fill in the required information, such as the thread title and your post, and click on the "Submit" button to post your thread.

2. Can I attach images or videos to my thread on the PhysicsForums app?

Yes, you can attach images or videos to your thread on the PhysicsForums app. When creating your thread, you will see an option to "Attach files" below the post field. Click on this and select the file you want to attach from your device's storage. The file will then be uploaded and attached to your thread.

3. Is it possible to format my text in my thread on the PhysicsForums app?

Yes, you can format your text in your thread on the PhysicsForums app. The app supports basic formatting options such as bold, italics, and bullet points. To access these options, click on the "A" icon in the post field. You can also use HTML tags for more advanced formatting.

4. Can I edit or delete my thread on the PhysicsForums app?

Yes, you can edit or delete your thread on the PhysicsForums app. To edit your thread, click on the three dots at the top right corner of your thread and select "Edit". Make your desired changes and click on "Save". To delete your thread, click on the three dots and select "Delete". Please note that once a thread is deleted, it cannot be recovered.

5. How can I view responses to my thread on the PhysicsForums app?

To view responses to your thread on the PhysicsForums app, go to the forum section where you posted your thread and click on it. You will then see all the responses to your thread. You can also click on the "Subscribed Threads" tab in the app's main menu to see all threads you have subscribed to and their responses.