Disney World PF Gathering and Tips for Disney Mania!

• Thread starter ZapperZ
  • Start date
In summary: This couscous and tagine restaurant is quite popular and usually has a long wait. Try coming at night when it’s less crowded.9. Yacht Club at the Epcot resort – This club has a beautiful view of the fireworks show at Epcot. However, this is a “resort” so it’s quite pricey. You may be able to get in if you call the club in advance and ask if there are any openings.10. The Living Seas – Usually there are long lines for this aquarium, but it’s worth the wait. You get to see all kinds of neat fish and amphibians.
Parade down Main Street

This is the afternoon parade down Main Street at Magic Kingdom. Oh what a wonderful time it was...

Zz.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
ZapperZ said:
This is the afternoon parade down Main Street at Magic Kingdom.
So if the float rolls on a fast corner, does Mickey get snowed on?

ZapperZ said:
OK, just to amuse ourselves, go here:

http://disney.go.com/disneymotion/showcase/index.html

If you can tolerate the Bear singing at the beginning of each segment (or other trailers that you can't skip), click on the Attractions tab. These "previews" are done quite well.

Zz.
I couldn't get any sound last night on my home computer, now I'm at home on my work laptop, but on a 24k dial up connection and getting sound in little snippets. :frown:

Only three more days Zz?

Evo said:
Only three more days Zz?

Yup! Car will pick up on Sat. morning at 5:00 am for a 7:00 am flight to Orlando. We will be there in plenty of time for a nice lunch at Fulton's in Downtown Disney (15% off with the Annual Passholder card), some shopping at World of Disney, and then, after checking in, straight to the Magic Kingdom. We also have a dinner reservation that evening at the california grill at The Contemporary Resort, which is along the Magic Kingdom resort monorail, so that's convenient. The whole group going on this trip is expected to meet there.

I just know that I will have trouble going to sleep Friday night. It's like Christmas morning all over again... :)

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
I just know that I will have trouble going to sleep Friday night. It's like Christmas morning all over again... :)
:rofl: Well, you always know where you can hang out when you can't sleep. We expect a live camera feed from Orlando once you're there. :biggrin: :approve:

<sobbing uncontrollably>

I'm sad. I've just received the very LAST issue of the Disney Magazine. Yes, that's right, the Disney Magazine (you didn't think I was sucked into the whole thing THIS far down, did you?).

It appears that they have decided to cease publication of the magazine and concentrate on the two "kiddies" magazines that they are already publishing. This sucks, since the Disney Magazine had lots of info and stuff for adults too (even for adults that behave like spoiled kids). And they're only published 4 times a year - how bad can it be?

So now I have to rely more on the webpages to get my inside info, the Mickey Monitor (newsletter to annual passholders), and the couple of friends that I know who are Disney castmembers.

Maybe I should complain to Micheal Eisner, but what does he care? He's leaving with a big fat bonus check (probably thanks to all my spending at Disney World)! :)

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
<sobbing uncontrollably>
There, there. (puts arm around Zz)

I'm sad. I've just received the very LAST issue of the Disney Magazine. Yes, that's right, the Disney Magazine (you didn't think I was sucked into the whole thing THIS far down, did you?).
We feel your pain. :cry:

Why don't they at least publish it online? That costs nothing.

Primeval Whirl

In this picture, we're going up the first ramp on the Primeval Whirl, one of my favorite rides at the Animal Kingdom. This one is a screamer. It would have been a rather tame rollercoaster, but the seats also SPIN!

This is not a recommended ride for someone who can easily get motion sickness, or immediately after a meal.

I plan to ride this thing at least 3 times while I'm there next week. :)

Zz.

Last edited:
Can you stand another picture of Epcot's Golf Ball?

I have posted a rather unique view of Epcot from in front of the Japanese Pavillion last time. This one is quite unique also. It is through a floral/plant arrangement during the Epcot Flower and Garden Show (which is going on right now!). You can also just barely seen Minnie's head topiary through the star arrangements.

[back to packing...]

Zz.

Last edited:
Great picture!

Bon voyage Zz! I guess you'll be leaving bright and early tomorrow morning.

I'd say "have a great time", but I guess that goes without saying. Think of me when you bite into your first turkey leg! :smile:

Have a great time ZZ! Just so you can think of me joining you next time, here's a picture from the last time I was there (not as fun as your pictures)...oh, yeah, and some identities have been disguised to protect the innocent. :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Moonbear said:
Have a great time ZZ! Just so you can think of me joining you next time, here's a picture from the last time I was there (not as fun as your pictures)...oh, yeah, and some identities have been disguised to protect the innocent. :biggrin:
et tu Moonbear? sunglasses? :wink:

Evo said:
Think of me when you bite into your first turkey leg! :smile:
I thought you said that you have skinny legs?

Evo said:
et tu Moonbear? sunglasses? :wink:

:rofl: You've got plenty of pictures of me without sunglasses around here. If I didn't wear sunglasses when outside, my eyes would have been closed in the picture. I'm really sensitive to bright sunlight. That, or it could be that I'm hiding this expression...:rolleyes:...from my mom insisting on taking the picture. :rofl:

OK.. one more before I go to bed...

This was the only baby in our group during our 2003 trip. The scene is during Chef Mickey breakfast with the characters at the Contemporary Resort. Kayleigh's mother was telling Pluto to "Eat my baby", so that she could take a picture. So Pluto did! I had the better angle than her mother so I also snapped a picture.

So Moonbie, what do you think? Should we make a reservation at Chef Mickey for breakfast and have Pluto eat Evo?

Zz.

Last edited:
I'm like a mole, I'm sensitive to light.

It took two hours, but I found a picture of me in sunglasses! It's not at DisneyWorld, so out of respect to Zz I won't post it here, I'll stick it in the "thread killer champions" thread.

Have fun Zz, let us know what you're up to and post lots of pictures!

ZapperZ said:
So Moonbie, what do you think? Should we make a reservation at Chef Mickey for breakfast and have Pluto eat Evo?

Zz.
What? :bugeye: I thought you were going to say we could all eat breakfast together. :frown:

I'm leaving now. I can take a hint. :cry:

Evo said:
What? :bugeye: I thought you were going to say we could all eat breakfast together. :frown:

I'm leaving now. I can take a hint. :cry:

Hey, there's nothing that says you can't also be eating while Pluto is devouring you! :)

Besides, Pluto only licks, he doesn't swallow! :)

Good night. My next transmission will be from the Happiest Place on Earth.

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
Hey, there's nothing that says you can't also be eating while Pluto is devouring you! :)

Zz.
Ok, as long as I am fed. :approve:

Bye Zz! :smile:

ZapperZ said:
:blushing: *contemplates how to answer that question* I might want to save that treat for myself! :rofl:

ZapperZ said:
Not sure I can say the same thing. :bugeye: :blushing:

Good night, good flight! *dances around waiting for new pictures* I'm so jealous! :cry:

How often does he go?

Moonbear said:
I might want to save that treat for myself! :rofl:
That's a honkin' huge tongue there. I think that there's room enough for both of you.

I've been wondering all day about what fun things Zz is doing. We really should have hooked him up with one of those live action cams. :tongue2:

It'd be easy, just hook it up to his collar

Needless to say, it was a wonderful first day.

There are definitely new things to be seen. The Flower and Garden show at Epcot, which used to be just "nice", is now even more SPECTACULAR this year. They have just cranked it up. Even jaded long-time visitors are impressed by the show this year.

The day ended with my most favoriete night time light-fireworks display - Illuminations at Epcot. Also, to celebrate the Golden anniversary of Disneyland that is being observed at all Disney parks all over the world, they're issuing gold Mickey Ears hat this year! Of course I bought one and used it for another "unique" shot of spaceship Earth at Epcot.

Today will mainly be at the Animal Kingdom (avoid Magic Kingdom on weekends if you want to preserve your sanity). And then, more shopping!

Hope these pictures will satisfy for now...

Zz.

Last edited:
ZapperZ said:
Also, to celebrate the Golden anniversary of Disneyland that is being observed at all Disney parks all over the world, they're issuing gold Mickey Ears hat this year! Of course I bought one and used it for another "unique" shot of spaceship Earth at Epcot.
I want a gold Mickey ears hat! I can usually resist the lure of the souvenier shops, but gold Mickey ears are a must have! :biggrin:

ZapperZ said:
Hope these pictures will satisfy for now...
Those are very nice! Thanks!

http://img181.echo.cx/img181/5008/attachment8hh.jpg

You know... if you can condition your brain to process RF, you can rent yourself out as a microwave repeater.

Moonbear said:
I want a gold Mickey ears hat! I can usually resist the lure of the souvenier shops, but gold Mickey ears are a must have! :biggrin:

Y'know, we all should have asked Integral to get us the gold Mickey ears hat from Disneyland too. The ones I bought here has Disney World on them. It would be a blast to get one from each park here in the US. Of course, since we have people from all over the world here, we should get one from Paris and Tokyo also...

Hum... this is never going to end, is it? :)

Zz.

Today was spent at The Animal Kingdom. Strangely enough, it was busy, but wasn't as packed as I thought it would be for a Sunday of a 3-day holiday. We did the Safari ride, Primeval Whirl (of course), and the dinasaur ride. Wanted to fast pass It's Tough To Be A Bug, but the fast pass booths were not working, and I didn't feel like standing in line for 20 minutes to see it since I've seen it a gazillion times already. Took many pictures with the characters, including Donald who was standing around all my his lonesome self till we showed up.

The pictures here are: 1. The loading zone at the Dinasaur ride. 2. A couple of characters we found chilling out, and 3. the skeleton of the Expedition Everest being built. This will open in 2006 and promises to be a heck of a ride.

Zz.

Last edited:
So, when do we get a picture that shows your face without sunglasses? :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
So, when do we get a picture that shows your face without sunglasses? :biggrin:

Oh no. I can't do that here. Or else all those quacks would be able to hire a hitman to gun me down!

:)

Zz.

Any special dinners planned? They have some nice restaurants, don't they?

I want a picture of you in the golden mouse ears. :tongue2:

Evo said:
I want a picture of you in the golden mouse ears. :tongue2:

... and wearing it in my birthday suit too, no less! :)

No dinner planned tonight. Just a simple meal out by downtown disney. In fact, the rest of the week is rather open. Other than breakfast at Chef Mickey on Wed., La Nouba on Thursday evening (followed by partying at Pleasure Island), and a private party at Disney/MGM Studios late, late Sat evening, we have a rather open schedule. We'll do whatever we want to do whenever we decide. Everyone in the group has been here before so there's no rush into doing anything.

Tomorrow, we plan on heading out to the Magic Kingdom.

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
... and wearing it in my birthday suit too, no less! :)
I'll send you my personal e-mail address for that one! :tongue2:

Sounds like a great week ahead. :approve: I'll be fertilizing my lawn tomorrow. :grumpy: