Disney World PF Gathering and Tips for Disney Mania!

• Thread starter ZapperZ
  • Start date
In summary: This couscous and tagine restaurant is quite popular and usually has a long wait. Try coming at night when it’s less crowded.9. Yacht Club at the Epcot resort – This club has a beautiful view of the fireworks show at Epcot. However, this is a “resort” so it’s quite pricey. You may be able to get in if you call the club in advance and ask if there are any openings.10. The Living Seas – Usually there are long lines for this aquarium, but it’s worth the wait. You get to see all kinds of neat fish and amphibians.
  • #2,801
This is because Disney had only made a selection of the 'vendor' to provide the dresses. I don't think any design of the wedding dresses have been done or finalized. I'm sure we'll get to see then once these things are out.

Zz.

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #2,802
Here is some http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/florida/sfl-223disneybrides,0,5415770.story?track=rss" on the Disney bridal gown line. Still no pictures though, but at least we're told a bit more about the inspiration for the them, and how much they would cost. It will eventually expand to include bridesmaid and flower girl dresses.

The good news is that it will eventually be available throughout the US and even in Japan. The bad news is that they're neglecting the groom! How about a Prince Charming outfit for the groom, with tights and all?

:biggrin:

Zz.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • #2,803
ZapperZ said:
The good news is that it will eventually be available throughout the US and even in Japan. The bad news is that they're neglecting the groom! How about a Prince Charming outfit for the groom, with tights and all?

Zz.
Oooooh, men in tights. :!)

• #2,804
ZapperZ said:

Yeah, because I'm sure every guy is just dreaming of wearing that outfit! :)

• #2,805
So I have a friend who owns a video store. When I walked into the store last week (haven't seen him since Thanksgiving), I saw these poster for Pirates of Caribbean 2 - Dead Man's Chest. Immediately, I gushed all over them. I think I may have gushed and groveled enough that he immediately gave them to me!

We finally picked them up yesterday, and now they are proudly displayed at my place. I think I may bring one of them to work tomorrow and have it displayed there.

img6102kg1.jpg

Zz.

• #2,806
That's funny. On another forum, we were just discussing pirate-themed weddings, and I was thinking that just might work with my Disney pool party wedding. They even suggested little treasure chest favors. :biggrin:

But, I thought you wanted to wear a Cinderella dress, not tights! :smile:

• #2,807
Moonbear said:
But, I thought you wanted to wear a Cinderella dress, not tights! :smile:

I changed my mind. Those glass slippers are NOT the most comfortable thing to wear! However, I'm keeping the tiara!

Zz.

• #2,808
This is hysterically funny. It is http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/beastmom/archives/112051.asp" (by the wife of the family) of their ride on Space Mountain at Disneyland. It appeared that all 3 of the family members were scared stiff by the end of the ride. Only the husband had a whale of a time on it!

But the best part was when they saw the photo that was taken during the ride:

With Claire still sobbing hysterically, we walked past the exit area where they post digital photos of every rider. When my husband saw our family photo, he laughed and laughed. I swear I look like the horrific figure in the painting "The Scream". Claire is crying and can't see because her hair is flailing about her face. Bryant looks completely freaked. And my husband is smiling like he won the lottery. He wanted a copy of the photo, you know, to savor the special memory of his Family's Most Terrifying Moment. I said something which meant, "I'd rather eat maggoty rat innards than own a copy of that photo." This only made my husband snicker more.

:smile:

I am so totally like the husband! I would have bought the ride photo if I had something like that! So if you are going to ride with me on Space Mountain, or Tower of Terror, or Rock 'N Rollercoaster, etc., be forewarned!

Zz.

• #2,809
What the heck is terrifying about Space Mountain? They better stay off Tower of Terror for certain...the whole family would end up dying...three of them from heart attacks, and the husband would laugh to death. :smile:

• #2,810
Moonbear said:
What the heck is terrifying about Space Mountain? They better stay off Tower of Terror for certain...the whole family would end up dying...three of them from heart attacks, and the husband would laugh to death. :smile:

Oooh.. I would love to be in that same ride with them when this happens. Just think of the ride picture at the end!

BTW, if you recall, you were also laughing your head off non-stop on that ride!

Zz.

• #2,811
ZapperZ said:
BTW, if you recall, you were also laughing your head off non-stop on that ride!

Yep, that's why I think the father is the only normal one in the bunch, to be grinning ear to ear rather than screaming and crying. :biggrin:

• #2,812
It is undeniable that when Walt Disney chose Orlando to build the Walt Disney World, he changed a lot of things. However, the impact on such a decision is so extensive and goes beyond what many can even conceive.

National Geographic has http://www7.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/0703/feature4/index.html" of how Walt Disney made a major impact to Central Florida and Orlando in particular. I'm sure that isn't a surprise, but one simply isn't aware of the extent of that impact. Let's just say that things will be significantly different it if it weren't for the Mouse.

Zz.

• #2,813
This is just something I cannot, and can never fathom.

During the Year of a Million Dreams, Disney is randomly selecting guests to win a number of things, ranging from pins, super Fast Passes, up to the ultimate prize, a night in Cinderella Castle Suite. Yet, there have been reports that there have been guests that have http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/orl-disney2807feb28,0,5532547.story?track=rss" some of these prizes!

<ZapperZ sits down for a minute while he hyperventilates>

To these people, I only have one thing to say:

ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FREAKING MINDS?!

:biggrin: :biggrin:

Zz.

• #2,814
Well, I can understand if they are selected on their last day there. They just might not be able to stay an extra day if they have a plane to catch and a job to return to. I can also understand not wanting to move all your stuff to another room if it's only one night, and then you have to pack it all up again to move back to your regular room the next night, especially for a family with several children who all have a ton of stuff. Maybe if they did it that you won a stay in Cinderella's Castle for the remainder of your visit, it would be more appealing. I don't understand turning down the other freebies though. Why pass on a free popcorn or pins?

• #2,815
Not me! I would have delayed my flight home, call in sick, and just take an extra day off!

...But then again, I'm not normal!

:)

Zz.

• #2,816
My most favorite place in the world is "http://sanantonio.bizjournals.com/orlando/stories/2007/02/26/daily30.html""!

Well, not expanding in physical size, but rather in the Guest area. Walt Disney World Resort has announced that the Four Seasons will be building an upscale resort on its properties, including letting the Four Seasons "annex" its land for time-share homes and a golf course.

In addition to that, the newly-opened Western Way entrance into Walt Disney World will have additional guest areas in the form of Value and Moderate resorts, and a guest shopping and entertainment area, probably similar, but not identical, to the Downtown Disney area.

Just how big is Walt Disney World resort? This http://www.sptimes.com/2007/03/02/Business/Disney_plans_luxury_g.shtml" has the staggering statistics.

Zz.

• #2,817
OK, this is way cool and could rival Crush at Turtle Talk.

Disney's Imagineers debut http://www.orlandosentinel.com/community/news/lakebuenavista/orl-disneyside0407mar04,0,6959850.story" in its Live Character Initiatives. This time, the animatronics characters interact LIVE with the guests. Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and his nervous assistant Beaker, made their appearances at Disney's California Adventure to rave reviews.

You can see a video of their interactions http://www.thedisneyblog.com/tdb/2007/03/dr_bunsen_honey.html" , including a link to more pictures. This is terrific. It has the same "jaw-dropping" amusement as the first time I saw Crush in Turtle Talk.

Zz.

• #2,818
Here are more http://www.laughingplace.com/Lotion-View-376.asp" of this Mobile Muppet Labs. It looks very cool, and reminds me of Lucky the Dinosaur that used to "roam" Dinoland at the Animal Kingdom. But this one is a lot more advanced and certainly interact live with the guests, very much like Crush in Turtle Talk.

I hope they bring this to WDW soon, preferably before June! :)

Zz.

• #2,819
I don't know about you, but this somehow doesn't quite have the same ring to it:

"Frank D. Atherton, you've been accused of sexually assaulting 3 children! What you are going to do now?"

"Why, I'm going to Disney World!"

Call me silly, but WHAT THE HEY??!

Actually, http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/288706,CST-NWS-disney08.article" is more convoluted than this! Without knowing the details, reading the news article just made my jaw dropped, because there were at least two different places where someone either dropped the ball, or just didn't get it.

The first one is this:

"We would have objected further had we known that was where he was going," Lombardo said. "Certainly, Disney World is a place known to be frequented by children."

Atherton is free because he paid 10 percent of his $100,000 in bail. One of the conditions of bail was that he not have contact with "any minor children," Lombardo said.

Hello? What did they think "Disney World" is? A place where only Superbowl winners go to? Or maybe the judge didn't think that standing in line while waiting to go on the Haunted Mansion ride isn't a close enough "contact" with children.

But here's the kicker!

Then Tuesday, when Atherton provided the court clerk with an itinerary, Associate Judge R. Craig Sahlstrom was called and authorized the 46-year-old felon's plans to spend three days of his trip at Walt Disney World.
Last year, Judge Sahlstrom disclosed he represented Atherton in a previous case, but prosecutors did not object, records show. Through an assistant, the judge said he could not comment on the pending case.

Did someone (the prosecutor perhaps?) raised concerned about this judge presiding over such a decision? What am I missing here?

Oy vey!

I'm not saying this guy is going to do something when he's there with his family. If there's a place where he does not want to try anything, it would be at a Disney theme park, because if there's anything Disney protect as ruthlessly as the image of Mickey Mouse, it would be the image of Disney as a family-safe location. But I am just puzzled at how such a thing can even get through this far? It sounds like there was just a series of oversight being done that led to this.

The story is getting a bit of publicity in the Chicago area. Who knows, maybe that would wake someone up and smack themselves on their heads.

And I haven't even whined about the fact that they got Disney World and Disneyland wrong!

Zz.

• #2,820
In the follow-up to this unbelievable story, the judge in question has had a http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/290066,CST-NWS-disney09.article" (an "clarification", he said) and told this person that he cannot go to Walt Disney World. Did the hounds of bad publicity had anything to do with this?

Unfortunately, the guy http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,258022,00.html" for his vacation!

Oy.

Zz.

• #2,821
The Big Mouse is Watching

Someone highlighted this http://youtube.com/watch?v=UT4l8qZfu04" of a news report. It appears that Disney officially acknowledges that they do read various Disney fans websites and forums to gauge the fans' reactions and comments.

Of course, many of us have suspected this all along. I know for a fact that I've had hits at my blog from Disney.com domain. I've always expected that they browse the various sites to check for copyright infringement. At the same time, I've suspected that they do read what their guests and fans are saying. How much this factor in into their decisions remains unknown.

Hum... I wonder if they have found this thread? (Hi Mickey!) o:)

Zz.

• #2,822
THE Disney Office

Since my Disney office has been talked about, I thought I'd post the latest pictures from it. I'd say that this is roughly 75% of the Disney stuff (crap?) in there.

The fun (sad?) thing is that I'm planning on bringing a few more items. The safety regulation does not allow me to put "large" items on top of the shelving units (beanie babbies are OK), so I am limited to what I can being and where I put them (hasn't stopped me yet).

Desk facing the window where I have my phone and few scrap papers and other junk.
IMG_6134.jpg

My work desk where I have my 'puter.
IMG_6135.jpg

This is my bookshelf that faces my work desk. I love sitting here and watching all of those stuff in front of me.
IMG_6137.jpg

A physics office must have a blackboard. So I used it to draw a giant Mickey head!
IMG_6138.jpg

I brought a small lounge chair just so Mickey can have his afternoon nap while I'm busy with work.
IMG_6140.jpg

A few more stuff toys, and one of the Pirates posters that I recently got.
IMG_6141.jpg

I spend most of my waking hours in here (at least during regular weekdays). That's why I decided to decorate it as a very happy place. That's one advantage one gets when one has an office to oneself.

Zz.

• #2,823
selfAdjoint said:
Zz, we're going down December 4 through 10. I couldn't find it in the link; do you know if the light show will be on then?

This was selfAdjoint's last question to me about his upcoming trip to Orlando and Disney World. I was envious of him at that time, because he would have been going not only when the parks were not too busy, but also when it would have all the holiday decorations and events going on.

We will miss him, and miss him terribly. I only hope that his last days were one of his Happiest times at the Happiest Place on Earth.

Zz.

• #2,824
For being the "Happiest Thread on PF", we're not having any luck with happy news on here lately.

There is never a good time for something like this to happen, but the timing of it is quite unfortunately in light of our loss right now. A man http://www.orlandosentinel.com/orl-disneydeath16x07mar16,0,3177845.story" while at Disney's Blizzard Beach water park on Thursday. From all reports, this is clearly not related to any Disney attractions since the family indicated that the man had a pre-existing heart problem.

Still, this is not good news for everyone involved.

Zz.

• #2,825
I want this iPod Nano!

This http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/portable-media/mickey-mouse-ipod-nano-175476.php" is being released only in Japan, and only 999 of them will be released. It also has a cool set of accessories.

Why aren't these things being released on the US? The Japanese always get some of the coolest toys.

:cry:

Zz.

• #2,826
Pirates of the Caribbean - At World's End

The Pirates of the Caribbean - At World's End trailer is http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/piratesofthecaribbeanatworldsend.html;_ylt=ArwhSTpBFLbFhhmCid6s3SNfVXcA" exclusively on Yahoo video, even in High Def!

Needless to say, I am salivating to see this one. And to make it even more interesting, it will be released on the day that I leave for my vacation! So we might actually go to see this movie at WDW!

Zz.

• #2,827
I'd been avoiding this thread for a bit...hearing that selfAdjoint passed away while at Disney sort of dampened my enthusiasm about it for a bit.

So, this is the first I'm seeing your photos of your office. Hey, that's not nearly as bad as I had imagined! :biggrin: Hmm...maybe I should do something like that in my office...that Mickey lamp on the desk seems to really warm the place up all by itself. My office is still pretty stark and dismal looking.

Oh, by the way, Zenmaster is willing to open a rotating exhibit of Disney items on loan from the Zz Disney museum if there are items that you'd like displayed rather than kept in storage somewhere. :biggrin: Apparently, his office could use more happiness too.

• #2,828
Moonbear said:
I'd been avoiding this thread for a bit...hearing that selfAdjoint passed away while at Disney sort of dampened my enthusiasm about it for a bit.

I don't blame you. I gave him my own tribute by recalling his last post here.

So, this is the first I'm seeing your photos of your office. Hey, that's not nearly as bad as I had imagined! :biggrin: Hmm...maybe I should do something like that in my office...that Mickey lamp on the desk seems to really warm the place up all by itself. My office is still pretty stark and dismal looking.

I should have turned it on when I took the pictures. It would have looked even better.

Oh, by the way, Zenmaster is willing to open a rotating exhibit of Disney items on loan from the Zz Disney museum if there are items that you'd like displayed rather than kept in storage somewhere. :biggrin: Apparently, his office could use more happiness too.

Hum... a rotating exhibit on loan? Can he be trusted to keep them in pristine condition from the grubby hands of all those APS people? :biggrin:

I will have to go through my storage bins and see if there's anything worthwhile for him to display. He needs to come here and tell me how large of an object he can handle, and how many. After all, I'm sure he doesn't want all of the crap... er... exhibits to displace him out of his office, does he? :biggrin:

Zz.

• #2,829
OK, I fully admit it. I'm a Disney fanatic.

However, you have to also admit that I do not go to http://media.www.independentcollegian.com/media/storage/paper678/news/2007/03/22/ArtsLife/Disney.Man.Colors.His.Skin-2786781.shtml" ! :biggrin:

1,643 tattoos of Disney characters from the base of his neck to the tops of his toes; a 4,200-square-foot house in Bethlehem, Pa., with 19,000 Disney collector pieces, and six honeymoons at Walt Disney World in Florida.

... and do you want to know how can anyone have 6 honeymoons? Here's how:

"My love for Disney comes first - that's why I've been through so many wives," he said last week at the Crown Plaza Anaheim Resort, headquarters for the NFFC meeting. "Both my daughters (ages 18 and 25) have moved out, too. They got tired of everything Disney."

Hint to future wives: when you marry someone that has 1643 tattoos of Disney character on the person, and 19,000 Disney collector pieces, be aware that you are not exactly #1 in his life. Just trust me on this. :biggrin:

However, I don't think this is something that he might be able to accomplish though:

And when he finally leaves it all behind, his will calls for his ashes to be spread in the Pirates of the Caribbean ride.

Disney might not go along with this unless someone does this without Disney's permission. Having the ashes of someone floating around in an attraction might not sit very well with many guests, even if the attraction is mainly seen in the dark. Besides, they filter the water all the time and sooner or later, there will be nothing left of him in there!

OK, I'm taking this waaaaay too seriously! :biggrin:

Zz.

• #2,830
ZapperZ said:
Since my Disney office has been talked about, I thought I'd post the latest pictures from it. I'd say that this is roughly 75% of the Disney stuff (crap?) in there.

The fun (sad?) thing is that I'm planning on bringing a few more items. The safety regulation does not allow me to put "large" items on top of the shelving units (beanie babbies are OK), so I am limited to what I can being and where I put them (hasn't stopped me yet).

Desk facing the window where I have my phone and few scrap papers and other junk.
IMG_6134.jpg

My work desk where I have my 'puter.
IMG_6135.jpg

This is my bookshelf that faces my work desk. I love sitting here and watching all of those stuff in front of me.
IMG_6137.jpg

A physics office must have a blackboard. So I used it to draw a giant Mickey head!
IMG_6138.jpg

I brought a small lounge chair just so Mickey can have his afternoon nap while I'm busy with work.
IMG_6140.jpg

A few more stuff toys, and one of the Pirates posters that I recently got.
IMG_6141.jpg

I spend most of my waking hours in here (at least during regular weekdays). That's why I decided to decorate it as a very happy place. That's one advantage one gets when one has an office to oneself.

Zz.
Those are great Zz!

• #2,831
I agree, I like that mickey mouse drawing on the chalk board. :smile:

• #2,832
Hmm...somehow, the image of a Disney fanatic in my mind never included someone who would cover his body in tattoos. :bugeye:

I also can't help but notice that Zz's office is awfully clean looking! I think I better get to organizing mine a bit now.

• #2,833
Evo said:
Those are great Zz!

dontdisturbmycircles said:
I agree, I like that mickey mouse drawing on the chalk board. :smile:

I'd better not let some of my friends see what you wrote, because they'll pull you quietly to the side and tell you that you're just encouraging me.

Moonbear said:
I also can't help but notice that Zz's office is awfully clean looking! I think I better get to organizing mine a bit now.

It's not that tidy. I keep battling all the loose papers that keep piling up on my desk and getting in the way of my view of the Disney stuff!

Zz.

• #2,834
Oy! How lucky can you get?

This kid went to have a drink at a water fountain in Downtown Disney, and he was there at the right place and the right time to get his family http://www.dispatch.com/dispatch/contentbe/dispatch/2007/03/18/20070318-H1-00.html" at Cinderella Castle!

That just kills me!

Zz.

• #2,835
so i take it you like micky mouse!

Last edited: