Electric current calculation

In summary, electric current is the flow of electric charge through a material, measured in amps and represented by the symbol I. The formula for calculating electric current is I = Q/t, where I is the current in amps, Q is the charge in coulombs, and t is the time in seconds. To calculate the total resistance in a circuit, the formula R = V/I can be used, where R is the resistance in ohms, V is the voltage in volts, and I is the current in amps. AC (alternating current) changes direction periodically, while DC (direct current) only flows in one direction. AC is commonly used in household electrical systems, while DC is often used in batteries and electronic devices. The calculation
Jamesdn
Homework Statement
Electric current calculation
Relevant Equations
Electric current
According to the circuit in the figure; Can you calculate the values of the currents I1, I2, and I3.
1591799751547.png

Can you send me a detailed solution to understand?

Physics news on Phys.org
Jamesdn said:
Can you send me a detailed solution to understand?
That's not how things work here. It's up to you to take a crack at it yourself, then you'll get plenty of help.

Hint: Look up Kirchoff’s Laws.

1. What is electric current and how is it measured?

Electric current is the flow of electric charge through a conductor. It is measured in units of amperes (A) using a device called an ammeter.

2. How do you calculate the electric current in a circuit?

The electric current in a circuit can be calculated using Ohm's Law, which states that current (I) is equal to the voltage (V) divided by the resistance (R) in the circuit: I = V/R.

3. What factors affect the calculation of electric current?

The calculation of electric current is affected by the voltage and resistance in the circuit. Higher voltage and lower resistance will result in a higher current, while lower voltage and higher resistance will result in a lower current.

4. How do you calculate the total current in a parallel circuit?

In a parallel circuit, the total current is equal to the sum of the individual branch currents. This can be calculated using the formula I(total) = I(1) + I(2) + ... + I(n).

5. What is the difference between AC and DC current?

AC (alternating current) is a type of current that changes direction periodically, while DC (direct current) flows in only one direction. AC current is typically used for long distance power transmission, while DC current is used for smaller electronic devices.