Email notifications of conversations

• Thread starter StevieTNZ
  • Start date
In summary, "Email notifications of conversations" are automated email messages that inform users about updates or responses in ongoing discussions. These emails typically contain a summary of the conversation and a link to the relevant thread. Users receive these notifications because they have subscribed to updates on a specific conversation. To stop receiving these notifications, users can unsubscribe using the link provided in the email. The frequency of email notifications can also be customized according to the user's preference. While email notifications are generally considered secure, caution should be taken when clicking on links in the emails. It is important to verify the legitimacy of the email and links before clicking on them.
StevieTNZ
Hi Greg

How do you stop email notifications of PMs (conversations)? Rocket50 suggested I got to My PF then Preferences, but the boxes relating to threads are already un-ticked.

Regards
Stevie

Physics news on Phys.org
It's in contact details :)
https://www.physicsforums.com/account/contact-details

Awesome, thanks!

What are "Email notifications of conversations"?

"Email notifications of conversations" refer to automated email messages that are sent to users in order to inform them about updates or responses in ongoing conversations or discussions. These emails typically contain a summary of the conversation and a link to the relevant discussion thread.

Why do I receive these email notifications?

You receive these email notifications because you have subscribed to receive updates on a particular conversation or discussion. This means that you will be notified via email whenever there is a new response or update in the conversation.

How do I stop receiving email notifications for a specific conversation?

To stop receiving email notifications for a specific conversation, you can click on the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the email notification. This will remove you from the list of subscribers and you will no longer receive email notifications for that specific conversation.

Can I customize the frequency of email notifications?

Yes, you can customize the frequency of email notifications by adjusting your notification settings. Most platforms allow you to choose between receiving immediate, daily, or weekly email notifications for conversations, depending on your preference.

Are email notifications of conversations secure?

Yes, email notifications of conversations are generally considered secure. However, it is important to be cautious when clicking on links in the email notifications, as they may lead to external sites that could potentially be malicious. It is always recommended to verify the legitimacy of the email and links before clicking on them.