First Responder Upgrade: Free Gold Membership

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, to encourage members to respond to threads, a system has been set up to automatically upgrade a member to Gold Membership after they have responded to 50 threads. This does not apply to responses in the General Discussion section. There is also a trophy for being a Gold Member, but not all members who have achieved this status have received the trophy.
To show just how committed we are to making sure every thread has been responded to we have setup any automatic upgrade to Gold Membership when a member (you) is the first to respond to 50 threads. Easy!

Go get your Gold Membership!
https://www.physicsforums.com/unanswered/threads

Likes DataGG
Physics news on Phys.org
With the exception of this response to this thread of course.

Hey, you gave me gold already --- just got to keep the playing field level for everybody else.

@greg: I've been meaning to ask this. What does it take to get credit for First Responder posts? I've documented 13 threads (outside of General Discussion) where I've been a First Responder since Sept. 22nd but I don't have the level 1 badge.

Homework forums I know for sure count, not sure what else, I know the lounge doesn't count.

Thanks Greg. I have no idea how I got it. o_O

So that is why the gold star appeared under my name... I thought it was some fault of the system. I just wanted to ask you in a pm, Greg, to remove the undeserved title. (Perhaps you did not get it, I can not find a button to hit when I want to send a pm. ) Of course, I am glad to have it if it is legal. Thank you, Greg.
I wonder how many first responses I made since I am here. Divided by 50, how many stars does it mean?:D

ehild said:
So that is why the gold star appeared under my name... I thought it was some fault of the system. I just wanted to ask you in a pm, Greg, to remove the undeserved title. (Perhaps you did not get it, I can not find a button to hit when I want to send a pm. ) Of course, I am glad to have it if it is legal. Thank you, Greg.
I wonder how many first responses I made since I am here. Divided by 50, how many stars does it mean?:D
ehild, if anyone deserves the "first responder" recognition, it's definitely you.

Likes DataGG
How far back does the first responder tally go? How do you see your own tally?

Greg Bernhardt said:
The tally started a couple weeks after we migrated
Based on when I got my 1st Responder credit, I estimate sometime between 4am Oct 2nd and 8:30am Oct 6th. :)

I show "Awarded: Monday at 5:40 PM", I assume that's CST

If you click on your avatar, then click on the number of trophies, it will show you the date and time you got the reward.

Evo said:
I show "Awarded: Monday at 5:40 PM", I assume that's CST

If you click on your avatar, then click on the number of trophies, it will show you the date and time you got the reward.
I was referring to when the tally started. The range that I gave was when I made my first of five that were counted and the one before that.

Oh...NEVERMIND! :)

Evo said:
Oh...NEVERMIND! :)
I probably could have worded it better. :)

Borg said:
I probably could have worded it better. :)
I was imitating Rosanne Rossanna Dana from SNL skits where she would say something that was meaningless because she misunderstood the issue, when corrected, she'd say "Nevermind"

Evo said:
I was imitating Rosanne Rossanna Dana from SNL skits where she would say something that was meaningless because she misunderstood the issue, when corrected, she'd say "Nevermind"
Oh. :)

@greg I just noticed that there's a trophy for being a Gold Member but, I don't have the trophy. How does that work? o_O

Borg said:
@greg I just noticed that there's a trophy for being a Gold Member but, I don't have the trophy. How does that work? o_O
Isn't that the little star under your dog?

Evo said:
ehild, if anyone deserves the "first responder" recognition, it's definitely you.
Thank you, Evo. (The star disappeared since then. :D)

Last edited:
Danger said:
Isn't that the little star under your dog?
It's a 15 point trophy in the list of all available trophies. I checked your list and ehild's - neither of you has it either.

What is the "First Responder Upgrade: Free Gold Membership"?

The "First Responder Upgrade: Free Gold Membership" is a program designed to provide first responders with a complimentary upgrade to a gold membership on a specific platform or service.

Who is eligible for the "First Responder Upgrade: Free Gold Membership"?

Eligibility for the "First Responder Upgrade: Free Gold Membership" varies depending on the specific platform or service offering the upgrade. In general, first responders such as police officers, firefighters, and paramedics are eligible for this program.

What are the benefits of the "First Responder Upgrade: Free Gold Membership"?

The benefits of the "First Responder Upgrade: Free Gold Membership" may vary, but typically include access to exclusive features, discounts, and perks on the platform or service. These benefits are meant to show appreciation for the hard work and dedication of first responders.

How can I apply for the "First Responder Upgrade: Free Gold Membership"?

The application process for the "First Responder Upgrade: Free Gold Membership" also varies depending on the platform or service. Some may require proof of employment as a first responder, while others may have a simple online application process. It is best to check with the specific platform or service for their application process.

Is the "First Responder Upgrade: Free Gold Membership" available to all first responders?

Unfortunately, not all first responders may be eligible for the "First Responder Upgrade: Free Gold Membership." Some platforms or services may limit the program to specific types of first responders or to those in certain regions. It is important to check the eligibility requirements before applying for the upgrade.