Frequency and volume from wav files and live audio streams

In summary, frequency refers to the number of sound waves per second, while volume refers to the loudness or intensity of a sound. In a WAV file, these are captured through digital sampling. In a live audio stream, they can be adjusted using audio processing software. The relationship between frequency and volume in audio is non-linear, and understanding them is crucial in sound analysis and processing.
IT_GE
how can i get frequency and volume from wav files and live oudio streams.

please help me

Computer science news on Phys.org
You'll prob need to refer to C++, or at least use JNI. The volume's not too difficult, try reffering to: www.javaalmanac.com for more info on that.

However, like I say, the frequency would require a more OS based language, such as C++.

[r.D]

ok 10x.

i will see this site it's good.

drwarezz. can you help me about data modulation?

Related to Frequency and volume from wav files and live audio streams

What is the difference between frequency and volume in audio?

Frequency refers to the number of sound waves per second, measured in Hertz (Hz). It determines the pitch or tone of a sound. Volume, on the other hand, refers to the loudness or intensity of a sound, measured in decibels (dB).

How are frequency and volume captured in a WAV file?

In a WAV file, frequency and volume are captured through digital sampling. The audio signal is measured at specific intervals and converted into binary code, which is then stored in the file. The frequency is captured by the number of samples per second, while the volume is captured by the amplitude of each sample.

Can the frequency and volume of a live audio stream be adjusted?

Yes, the frequency and volume of a live audio stream can be adjusted using audio processing software. This software can modify the frequency by applying filters or equalization, and adjust the volume through amplification or attenuation.

What is the relationship between frequency and volume in audio?

The relationship between frequency and volume in audio is not linear. As the frequency increases, the volume may also increase, but at a certain point, the volume may decrease. This is because our ears are more sensitive to certain frequencies, and the volume is perceived differently at different frequencies.

How does understanding frequency and volume help in sound analysis and processing?

Understanding frequency and volume in audio is crucial in sound analysis and processing. By analyzing the frequency and volume of a sound, we can identify and isolate specific elements, such as instruments or voices, in a recording. This information can also be used to enhance or modify the sound through processing techniques like equalization, compression, or modulation.