Germany - Masters EE/mathematics/physics online

In summary: I am wondering if it is worthwhile to get an online masters from a German school (presumably cheaper).
rppearso
Hello Everyone,

So I have been looking for some time now to find an online program in EE/mathematics/physics. There are a number of programs I have found (purdue, johns hopkins, etc) but the prices are absolutly staggering. I have paid my dues to the student loan machine with my BS degree in Chemical enigneering from the Colorado School of Mines and have since paid those loans.

I have taken almost 40 credits of EE undergraduate work to include advanced level mathematics (advanced engineering math and PDE's).

I would like to continue on doing a masters in EE/mathematics/physics but I simply can not endure 3000-3700 a class.

I would love to take
tensors
General Relativity & red shift
AI
CFD/finite element
Fourier optics
lasers
digital signal processing
possibly advanced control systems

The university system where I live offers BS programs and the professors want to offer masters level course work (hence the "480" level PDE courses and antenna theory which were taught at a graduate level and included assocaited legendra polynominals and EM scattering of EM waves off a surface (I would hazard to call it edge diffraction theory but I am pretty sure it was). I am also highly interested in design and construction of scientific apparatus and have learned solid works to that end.

After my oil and gas job lay off I may be working at a liquor store so I can't afford to pay out massive sums of money for these courses. At the end of the day I would like to walk away with a formal degree so that I can add it to my resume in the hopes that our 3rd world employer barrons smile upon me.

I have significant family in the area and my wife still has a good job here, step son in school, etc so I can't very easily just move (perhaps for a really good job but not just to be a student).

Physics news on Phys.org
rppearso said:
Hello Everyone,

So I have been looking for some time now to find an online program in EE/mathematics/physics. There are a number of programs I have found (purdue, johns hopkins, etc) but the prices are absolutly staggering. I have paid my dues to the student loan machine with my BS degree in Chemical enigneering from the Colorado School of Mines and have since paid those loans.

I have taken almost 40 credits of EE undergraduate work to include advanced level mathematics (advanced engineering math and PDE's).

I would like to continue on doing a masters in EE/mathematics/physics but I simply can not endure 3000-3700 a class.

I have significant family in the area and my wife still has a good job here, step son in school, etc so I can't very easily just move (perhaps for a really good job but not just to be a student).
From the title of your thread and the content of your post, it's not clear what question you are asking. It reads as if you can't afford the tuition for an online masters from a US school and are wondering whether it's worthwhile to get an online masters from a German school (presumably cheaper)? You should clarify your question.

CrysPhys said:
From the title of your thread and the content of your post, it's not clear what question you are asking. It reads as if you can't afford the tuition for an online masters from a US school and are wondering whether it's worthwhile to get an online masters from a German school (presumably cheaper)? You should clarify your question.

Yes this is what I am saying

What is the eligibility criteria for pursuing a Masters in EE, mathematics, or physics in Germany online?

The eligibility criteria for pursuing a Masters in EE, mathematics, or physics in Germany online vary depending on the university and program. Generally, applicants must have a Bachelor's degree in a relevant field with a minimum GPA of 3.0, proof of English proficiency, and letters of recommendation. Some universities also require standardized test scores such as the GRE or GMAT.

What are the advantages of pursuing a Masters in EE, mathematics, or physics online in Germany?

There are several advantages of pursuing a Masters in EE, mathematics, or physics online in Germany. These include flexibility in terms of studying from anywhere in the world, lower costs compared to on-campus programs, and the opportunity to learn from renowned professors and researchers in the field. Additionally, studying in Germany can also provide valuable cultural and networking opportunities.

Is there any financial aid available for international students pursuing a Masters in EE, mathematics, or physics online in Germany?

Yes, there are several scholarships and financial aid options available for international students pursuing a Masters in EE, mathematics, or physics online in Germany. The DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) offers scholarships specifically for international students, and many universities also have their own scholarship programs. Additionally, students can also look for external funding opportunities through organizations or government agencies in their home country.

What is the duration of a Masters in EE, mathematics, or physics online program in Germany?

The duration of a Masters in EE, mathematics, or physics online program in Germany is typically 2 years. However, the exact duration may vary depending on the university and program. Some universities may offer accelerated programs that can be completed in 1.5 years, while others may have part-time options that can take longer to complete.

What are the job prospects after completing a Masters in EE, mathematics, or physics online in Germany?

Completing a Masters in EE, mathematics, or physics online in Germany can open up a wide range of job opportunities in various industries such as technology, research, finance, and more. Graduates can also pursue further studies at the doctoral level or work in academia as professors or researchers. The strong reputation of German universities and the country's thriving economy make it an attractive destination for career opportunities.