Grade 11 Physics Help: Questions & Answers

In summary, the conversation discusses various problems related to mechanics and machines. The first problem involves a machine doing 4000 J of work to accelerate a 20 kg object at 3.0 m/s^2 for 5.0 seconds, and the questions are about the efficiency and power output of the machine. The second problem is about determining the number of strands of rope needed to support a 100 kg load using a block and tackle with a maximum applied force of 220N. The third problem is about a wrench turning a bolt of 6.0 mm diameter and the questions are about the IMA and AMA of the machine. The final problem is about a ramp with a 25% grade and the questions are about the
Nikki196
I have a few questions I've been having troubles with, and I was hoping someone could help me out...
1) A machine does 4000 J of work in accelerating a 20 kg object, intially at rest, at 3.0 m/s2 for 5.0s determine
a) The efficiency of the machine
b) The power output of the machine

2)A block and tackle is used to raise a 100kg load. If the maximum applied force is 220N, how many strands of rope must support the moveable block?

3)A wrench is used to turn a bolt of 6.0mm diameter. The centre of the bolt head is 0.2m from the applied force.
a) what is the IMA of this machine?
b) If the efficiency is 50%, what is the AMA of the machine?

4) A ramp is 12m in length and has a grade of 25%
a)If friction is neglected, what force is required to push a 120-kg box up the ramp?
b) If the actual force required is 490 N, determine the efficiency of the ramp.

If someone could help me it would be awesome!
Nikki196 :wink:

Physics news on Phys.org
Well I did this in 7th grade, what do you know so far about these problems? We wouldn't want to do your homework for you, would we?

IMA

IMA = DE/DR
where DE equals the effort distance and DR equals the resistance distance.

Properties of an ideal machine, which does not exist in reality:
1. It is frictionless.
2. Its actual mechanical advantage is equal to its ideal mechanical advantage.
3. Its mechanical efficiency is 100%

Power

P=W/t
P=power
W=work
t=time

Power is work exerted over time.

Related to Grade 11 Physics Help: Questions & Answers

1. What are the key topics covered in Grade 11 Physics?

Some of the key topics covered in Grade 11 Physics include kinematics, dynamics, energy, waves, and electricity.

2. How do I prepare for exams in Grade 11 Physics?

To prepare for exams in Grade 11 Physics, it is important to review class notes, practice solving problems, and do practice exams. It is also helpful to seek clarification from the teacher if there are any concepts that are unclear.

3. What are some common misconceptions in Grade 11 Physics?

Common misconceptions in Grade 11 Physics include thinking that objects always need a force to keep them in motion, that heavier objects fall faster than lighter objects, and that electricity only flows through wires.

4. How can I improve my understanding of complex concepts in Grade 11 Physics?

To improve understanding of complex concepts in Grade 11 Physics, it can be helpful to break them down into smaller parts and to use visual aids such as diagrams and graphs. It is also important to practice solving problems related to the concept.

5. What are some real-life applications of Grade 11 Physics concepts?

Grade 11 Physics concepts can be applied in many real-life situations, such as understanding the movement of objects in sports, designing electrical circuits, and explaining phenomena such as sound and light. They also form the basis for many technologies and innovations used in everyday life.