Help the Chimp: Suggestions for Assistance

In summary, the conversation discusses a chimp who is addicted to nicotine and the potential solutions to help him. The group discusses the non-smoking policies in the US and the possibility of using Nicorette gum or fake cigarettes to wean the chimp off of nicotine. They also joke about the possibility of humans being addicted to nicotine and suggest barriers to prevent people from throwing cigarettes at the chimp. The conversation ends with a sarcastic suggestion that the chimp's addiction was caused by people throwing their cigarettes at him.
Physics news on Phys.org
He had better not come here. In the US, all of our chimp habitats are non-smoking. .

Ivan Seeking said:
He had better not come here. In the US, all of our chimp habitats are non-smoking. .
Really? I hope all Americans would be non-smoking too! :wink:

I heard that smoke away could get you off on the first day

Ivan Seeking said:

Really? I thought the White House still allowed smoking, did they change that?

rachmaninoff said:
Really? I thought the White House still allowed smoking, did they change that?
:smile: Sorry :smile: :smile: involuntary :smile: reflex :smile: :smile:

before our own eyes we see evolution in progress.

Imagine MY surprise! :mad:

The Smoking Man said:
Imagine MY surprise! :mad:
Why did you use this ugly smilie?

Okay, I just read the article. Why don't they put up some kind of barrier so that people can't throw stuff at the chimps? :confused:

honestrosewater said:
Okay, I just read the article. Why don't they put up some kind of barrier so that people can't throw stuff at the chimps? :confused:
Well, good idea, but what do you want to do about this poor chimp? :wink: Perhaps it's easy to prevent animals from addictions, but what we can do about Humans? :cry:

Lisa! said:
Well, good idea, but what do you want to do about this poor chimp? :wink: Perhaps it's easy to prevent animals from addictions, but what we can do about Humans? :cry:
Get the people to start throwing Nicorette® gum! :smile:

honestrosewater said:
Get the people to start throwing Nicorette® gum! :smile:
You don't believe in Darwin's theory, do you? :devil:

Lisa! said:
You don't believe in Darwin's theory, do you? :devil:
Whose theory? :eek:

honestrosewater said:
Whose theory? :eek:
Ok so it's not strange if you think this method work on chimps while it usually doesn't work for humans! :wink:

Lisa! said:
Ok so it's not strange if you think this method work on chimps while it usually doesn't work for humans! :wink:
Okay, I'm only kidding. The vets can wean the chimp off of nicotine and give him fake cigarettes to keep him occupied. Does that make more sense? :bugeye:

honestrosewater said:
Okay, I'm only kidding. The vets can wean the chimp off of nicotine and give him fake cigarettes to keep him occupied. Does that make more sense? :bugeye:
:smile: :smile: :smile: Yout last suggesstion was good. You know perhaps those who've wanted to quite smoking, threw their cigarette to this poor chimp and made him addicted! :devil:

Related to Help the Chimp: Suggestions for Assistance

1. What is "Help the Chimp"?

Help the Chimp is a campaign aimed at raising awareness and providing suggestions for ways people can assist in preserving the habitat and well-being of chimpanzees in the wild.

2. Why is it important to help the chimps?

Chimpanzees are an endangered species and play a vital role in maintaining the balance of their ecosystems. By helping to protect and preserve their habitats, we are also protecting other species and promoting biodiversity.

3. How can I help the chimps?

There are many ways you can help the chimps, such as supporting conservation organizations, reducing your use of products that contribute to habitat destruction, and spreading awareness about the issue.

4. Are there any specific actions I can take to help the chimps?

Yes, there are many specific actions you can take, such as avoiding products with palm oil, which leads to deforestation, supporting sustainable tourism, and participating in volunteer programs with reputable organizations.

5. What can I do if I don't have the resources to support financially?

Even if you are unable to provide financial support, you can still make a difference by sharing information about the issue on social media, signing petitions, and educating others on ways to help the chimps. Every little bit helps!