Help to stregnthen laplace and second order diff eq beckground

In summary, the student is seeking guidance or practice problems to refresh their understanding of modeling electromechanical systems and the classical approach to feedback systems. Their lack of memory in these topics is causing difficulty in their current feedback and controls class. They mention a need for more information and suggest using a circuits book to review signals and systems material.
keith03

Homework Statement

Here is my issue. I am an EE student that has been part time for almost five years. I took diff eq and signals a long time ago. I am currently taking a feedback and controls class, and my lack of memory in these topics is killing my study time. I am looking for relevant guidance or practice problems to stregnthen a foundation for:

Modeling Electromechanical Systems
Classical approach to feedback systems (not modern)

I need a refresher. Please let me know if more info is necessary. I know that when the light pops on again, it will be one of those "dumb" moments' Until then...

Homework Equations

Second order diff eq
damping application (I do understand critical, under, and first order)

The Attempt at a Solution

This is the attempt to get problems to work to a solution

Physics news on Phys.org
are all of your diffy qs ODEs?

you could try a circuits book. I know the circuits book my college uses has tons of signals & systems stuff near the end of the book (that, of course, we never got to)

Related to Help to stregnthen laplace and second order diff eq beckground

1. How can I strengthen my background in Laplace and second order differential equations?

To strengthen your background in Laplace and second order differential equations, it is important to first have a strong foundation in basic calculus and ordinary differential equations. Then, you can practice solving various problems and exercises related to Laplace and second order differential equations. Additionally, attending lectures or workshops, reading textbooks and seeking help from a tutor or professor can also be beneficial.

2. What are some resources that can help me improve my understanding of Laplace and second order differential equations?

There are many resources available to help you improve your understanding of Laplace and second order differential equations. Some examples include online tutorials, video lectures, textbooks, practice problems, and online forums where you can discuss and ask questions with other students or experts in the field.

3. Why are Laplace and second order differential equations important in the field of science?

Laplace and second order differential equations are important in science because they are used to model and solve many real-world problems and phenomena. They are commonly used in physics, engineering, economics, and other fields to describe the behavior and dynamics of systems and processes.

4. What are some common applications of Laplace and second order differential equations?

Some common applications of Laplace and second order differential equations include modeling of electrical circuits, damped harmonic motion, heat transfer, chemical reactions, population dynamics, and control systems. They are also used in signal processing and image reconstruction.

5. What are some tips for solving Laplace and second order differential equations more efficiently?

One tip for solving Laplace and second order differential equations more efficiently is to familiarize yourself with common techniques and methods, such as partial fractions, the Laplace transform, and variation of parameters. It is also helpful to break down the problem into smaller steps and to practice solving different types of problems to improve your problem-solving skills. Additionally, checking your work and seeking help when needed can also aid in solving these equations more efficiently.