I have to submit a physics project in my college

In summary, the conversation discusses ideas for a physics project in college. The speaker suggests finding a topic that you can spend a lot of time on, such as sports or biophysics. They also mention the possibility of asking a faculty advisor or professor for ideas. Specific project ideas mentioned include studying the physics of sports or the Magnus force on a ball, as well as investigating the mechanics of throwing a frisbee or the movement of an elephant's trunk.
mehul mahajan
I have to submit a physics project in my college, is there any theory that can be proved, or any other similar thing using the ephemeris of a satellite? or any other good project idea that doesn't consume too much time.

Physics news on Phys.org
mehul mahajan said:
I have to submit a physics project in my college, is there any theory that can be proved, or any other similar thing using the ephemeris of a satellite? or any other good project idea that doesn't consume too much time.

I suspect this is the wrong question to ask. It is best to find something that looks like you spent a lot of time on it.

Is this an intro course or for a major? If you are majoring in physics why are you majoring on something that you do not want to spend time on?

If you like sports try momentum exchange tethers. Could also just study the physics of your favorite sport. You can also do sports in space. For example the effect of the Coriolis force for football in O'neal cylinders. If you like beer there is a lot physics in bubbles. Froth freezing into foam has implications for the surfaces of exoplanets and moons. Or you could make a model of what happens if you open a Champlain bottle on the international space station.

Is there anything preventing you from asking your faculty advisor or the professor?

Yes, sports is a good area to investigate. I once saw a paper on Frisbie physics by Sarah Hummel. It covered the aerodynamics of frisbies and the body mechanics of throwing one along with simulation data all for a MS in Engineering.

There’s the Magnus force on a ball. It’s why baseball pitchers put spin n a ball to get Magnus force effects.

Some biophysics problems might interesting as well like how an elephants trunk,works.

Related to I have to submit a physics project in my college

What is a physics project?

A physics project is a task or assignment given by a teacher or professor in which you are required to apply the principles and concepts of physics to a real-life situation or problem.

What are some examples of physics projects?

Some examples of physics projects could include building a simple machine, conducting experiments to demonstrate a physical law, or researching a topic related to physics and presenting your findings.

How should I approach my physics project?

It is important to first understand the objectives and requirements of your project. Then, break the project down into smaller tasks and make a timeline for completing each task. It is also helpful to consult with your teacher or peers for guidance and support.

Do I need to conduct experiments for my physics project?

It depends on the specific requirements of your project. Some projects may require you to conduct experiments, while others may involve research or building a model. Make sure to carefully read the instructions and clarify any doubts with your teacher.

What are some tips for successfully completing a physics project?

Some tips for successfully completing a physics project include starting early, staying organized, and seeking help when needed. It is also important to thoroughly understand the concepts and principles related to your project and to present your findings clearly and accurately.