Im not sure if this is the right section but try and help anyways

• Thread starter Ajeezy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Section
In summary, the conversation is about a college student who is struggling with physics. They have a strong understanding of chemistry and biology, but are having difficulty with the math and word problems in physics. The teacher has mentioned that the difficulty will increase in future exams but the lowest one will be dropped. The advice given is to do lots of practice problems to improve understanding and success in the subject.
Ajeezy
Mod please move if this is the wrong section I',m sorry if it is.

This is my first post on the site. I'm bummed about physics. I'm a biology major with hopes of going to med school. Chemistry and biology are super easy for me it I can do it in my sleep. but physics gives me difficulty. the qualitative information is really easy for me i do well with the concepts. I had my first physics test yesterday and totally bombed it. I got a near perfect on the qualitative questions (multi choice) but i did horrible on the written responses like the word problems. We are doing vectors and free fall some pretty basic stuff but i did horrible on this first exam. there are 5 more including an open book final. but I am really bummed because the teacher said this was the easiest exam and the difficulty peaks at exam three. The good new is he drops the lowest exam so that's good. I'm wondering if you guys or gals can gimme any positive words and advice on how to study and have success in physics. its college physics which at my school means the class without the calculus in it. the next section we are doing is projectile motion. thank you all again and i look forward to posting here more.

Physics news on Phys.org
Do lots of problems. Even if they're not a required part of the homework, do lots of problems. Physics isn't something you can learn by reading; you must actually do the math.

Jack is absolutely right. One should work through all example and review problems.

Usually "word problems" test one's conceptual knowledge of a given topic, and whether or not one can apply what they've learned to a practical issue. If one is having trouble in this area, allocating extra time to work through additional problems will help increase one's understanding of the material.

Related to Im not sure if this is the right section but try and help anyways

1. What does "Im not sure if this is the right section" mean?

It means that the person is unsure if the topic or question they are asking is relevant to the specific section they are posting in.

2. How can I determine if this is the correct section for my question?

You can read the guidelines or descriptions of each section to see if your topic falls within the scope of that section. You can also try searching for similar questions or topics to see if they have been posted in that section before.

3. What should I do if I realize I posted in the wrong section?

You can try to delete your post and repost it in the correct section, or you can reach out to a moderator to move your post to the appropriate section.

4. Will my question still be answered if I posted in the wrong section?

It depends on the forum or platform, but in most cases, your question will still be seen and answered even if it was posted in the wrong section. However, it may take longer for someone to see and respond to it.

5. Can I get in trouble for posting in the wrong section?

No, unless you repeatedly ignore the guidelines and continue to post in the wrong section, you will not get in trouble for making an honest mistake. However, it is always best to try and post in the correct section to avoid confusion and ensure that you get the most relevant and helpful responses.