Is Fedoraforum.org Experiencing a 403 Error?

In summary, I'm having trouble accessing fedoraforum.org using Firefox. I've tried other browsers and they work, but tonight Firefox also reports a failure to connect instead of showing the 403 Error screen. I've tried Firefox on two different computers, and from Firefox Beta on Android.
Stephen Tashi
Science Advisor
TL;DR Summary
For the past few days I get a 403 error when trying to access fedoraforum.org (using Firefox). Is anyone else having this problem?
For the past few days I get a 403 error when trying to access fedoraforum.org (using Firefox). Is anyone else having this problem?

Computer science news on Phys.org
You specify that you get that error when you are using Firefox. Does that mean that you have tried other browsers and they work?

FactChecker said:
You specify that you get that error when you are using Firefox. Does that mean that you have tried other browsers and they work?
I tried the Midori browser and it fails to connect to the website. I don't have any other browsers at hand. Tonight, Firefox also reports a failure to connect instead of showing the 403 Error screen. I've tried Firefox on two different computers.

Likes FactChecker
Stephen Tashi said:
I could access the website without any issues. From Firefox Beta on Android.

If the issue persists for you, try using Chrome or Opera. In Opera, you can switch on the VPN and access via a server in a different region to see whether you still get the error.

Likes Stephen Tashi and FactChecker
Is It Down Right Now says it has been down for more than a week:

https://www.isitdownrightnow.com/fedoraforum.org.html

1687346476576.png

• Informative
Likes Stephen Tashi, berkeman and FactChecker
Stephen Tashi said:
Do they have a Facebook page or similar? You could check that to see if others are posting that they are having access issues. You could also try sending them a DM to find out more.

berkeman said:
Do they have a Facebook page or similar? You could check that to see if others are posting that they are having access issues. You could also try sending them a DM to find out more.
I'm not a Facebook member. What's a DM?

Stephen Tashi said:
I'm not a Facebook member. What's a DM?
Direct message. Similar to PM here in PF.

You could also check if they have a Discord server.

As of this post (10:00pm California time) https://fedoraforum.org/ is responding as expected using Mypal browser 28.13.0 (an offshoot of Firefox browser).
(latest post shown there is "May 16, 2023 - 11:01 PM - by bob)

Tom.G said:
As of this post (10:00pm California time) https://fedoraforum.org/ is responding as expected using Mypal browser 28.13.0 (an offshoot of Firefox browser).
(latest post shown there is "May 16, 2023 - 11:01 PM - by bob)

As of the time of this post, fedoraforum.org isn't responding to my computer or to the isitdown site (mentioned in the post by @DrClaude ).

• Wow
Likes Wrichik Basu
Wrichik Basu said:
They show it as "UP" at this moment:

View attachment 328288

Maybe the devs fixed the server issue.
But I just got a 403. They obviously have some problems they need to fix, no point speculating here about what they may be.

Likes Vanadium 50

1. What is a 403 error?

A 403 error is an HTTP status code that indicates the user does not have the necessary permissions to access a particular webpage or resource on a website. It is also known as a "forbidden" error.

2. Why am I seeing a 403 error on Fedoraforum.org?

This could be due to a variety of reasons, such as incorrect permissions set by the website administrator, an issue with the server, or a problem with the user's account. It is best to contact the website's support team for further assistance.

3. Is there anything I can do to fix a 403 error on Fedoraforum.org?

If the error is caused by incorrect permissions, you can try clearing your browser's cache and cookies, restarting your device, or trying to access the website from a different browser or device. If the issue persists, reach out to the website's support team.

4. Can a 403 error be caused by a problem on my end?

Yes, it is possible that the error is caused by an issue with your device or internet connection. You can try troubleshooting these potential issues, such as checking your internet connection or restarting your device, before contacting the website's support team for further assistance.

5. How can I prevent a 403 error from occurring on Fedoraforum.org?

Ensure that you have the necessary permissions to access the website, such as being a registered user or having the correct login credentials. Additionally, make sure to follow the website's terms of service and use the website as intended to avoid triggering any restrictions or errors.