Is it time for Random Thoughts - Part 4?

In summary: No, I'm not going to finish that.Some guy tried to sell me eh.. recreational tools today while I was getting groceries.I guess setting up a trashy website was too costly for him, so he just sold them in the frozen foods section at walmart.
  • #1,681
Evo said:
They're having a series on castles and important homes, it's been very good.
Tower of London turned out to be pretty interesting. Another one I've been enjoying is "Secrets of the Dead."

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #1,682
zoobyshoe said:
Another one I've been enjoying is "Secrets of the Dead."
Yes, I've also been watching.

• #1,683
Why, WHY, in TV and movies, when people go into a crime scene or similar, that they NEVER turn on the lights? They go into the dark with flashlights. This is so STUPID, why not just turn on the lights? I keep screaming at the tv "turn on the lights you idiots, just might help you see things". That's what light switches are for, but they can't seem to remember that.

• #1,684
zoobyshoe said:
Craigslist.

Oh ye of little faith...

pf.2014.10.18.1025.mower.saga.part.2.jpg

Once the Elmer's Glue has dried, by morning hopefully, the chaos shall resume...

• #1,685
Wow, watching Masterchef Australia, and the challenge is to cook from the ingredients of one continent and the North American continent was chosen. The two contestants were "oh no, that's horrible!' Horrible? They have to choose from lobsters, oysters, shrimp, clams, fish, beef, pork, fowl, an enormous variety of vegetables and fruit.

So what did they come up with? Bagels (pre-made, he's just making a flavored ready made cream cheese filling) for one chef and meringue for the other, and this is in the finals. This is so bad, I say eliminate them both. Seriously, almost every main ingredient on Earth and they can't think of anything to cook? The dish doesn't have to be North American in style or flavor, just use the ingredients, they're idiots.

So the guy cuts open a pre-cooked bagel, gets pre-made cream cheese and gets smoked salmon...

She whips up a meringue, and makes a vanilla cream and berries.

It's surreal that they would even have these *dishes* accepted

Lol, both dishes were such a joke, they judged them based on which was prettier.

Last edited:
  • #1,686
OmCheeto said:
Once the Elmer's Glue has dried, by morning hopefully, the chaos shall resume...
Oh yeah! Elmer's glue is great on machine parts! I'm pretty sure those stealth planes are bonded together with Elmer's and the Navy uses it a lot on aircraft carriers in place of rivets.

• #1,687
Evo said:
Wow, watching Masterchef Australia, and the challenge is to cook from the ingredients of one continent and the North American continent was chosen. The two contestants were "oh no, that's horrible!'
If you're in a horror movie...

• #1,688
Cold limbics.

• #1,689
zoobyshoe said:
Oh yeah! Elmer's glue is great on machine parts! I'm pretty sure those stealth planes are bonded together with Elmer's and the Navy uses it a lot on aircraft carriers in place of rivets.
I hear ya' Zooby, but according to OmCheeto, the Elmer's doesn't "get it done" all by itself:
OmCheeto said:
I added some baling wire and tie wraps to improve dependability.

Ahh... Yet another testament to Occam's razor. (Way to go, OmCheeto!)

• #1,690
Making a difference in the world -

Build a forest one tree at a time on Majuli Island in the Brahmaputra. "Since 1979, Jadav Payeng has been planting hundreds of trees on an Indian island threatened by erosion. In this film, photographer Jitu Kalita traverses Payeng’s home—the largest river island in the world—and reveals the touching story of how this modern-day Johnny Appleseed turned an eroding desert into a wondrous oasis."

http://video.nationalgeographic.com...t-bigger-than-central-park-to-save-his-island

http://yourshot.nationalgeographic.com/tags/majuli/

Likes Medicol
  • #1,691
What happens if my past doesn't make sense to who I am now becoming ? I only hope I will always be alive.

• #1,692
17 billion toilet paper tubes per year. The Empire State building. Twice.

• #1,693
I don't get the allure of celebrity gossip. Whenever I see a copy of a paparazzi-fueled rag at the checkout like People magazine, my first thought is that it should be called 'Peephole'. :confused:

• #1,694
I don't get the allure of gossip. :rolleyes:

• #1,695
Gossip is mostly drama, people need it for some unkown reason. It's like the zombies in Resident Evil: they hunger for flesh, but do not require it.

• #1,696
Enigman said:
I don't get the allure of gossip. :rolleyes:
Yeah, there's that too. :D

• #1,697
I thought I caught another fish :( . Darn it turned out to be an ugly toad. I lost 2 baits within one month. You agree I am leading a miserable life ?

• #1,698
huh?

• #1,699
Evo said:
Why, WHY, in TV and movies, when people go into a crime scene or similar, that they NEVER turn on the lights? They go into the dark with flashlights. This is so STUPID, why not just turn on the lights? I keep screaming at the tv "turn on the lights you idiots, just might help you see things". That's what light switches are for, but they can't seem to remember that.

If it's a crime scene, aren't light switches one of the first places to check for fingerprints? Not that any of that is logical anyway.

• #1,700
Borg said:
Yeah, there's that too. :D

I like those gossip shows from time-to-time. They are completely mindless; it is nice every once in a while to be able to
veg-out and go through something without having to think it through nor understand it. I have more than enough challenges as it is in my life. I completely forget about it a few hours after word , it is like brain candy.

• #1,701
served hot & tasty

• #1,702
Tonight the television is presenting, "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter." I've been waiting two years to see this.

I wonder if this movie were shown in some far off land where US history is not well known, like Singapore or Burkina Faso, whether the viewers would think Lincoln was a completely fictional character, like van Helsing, or George W. Bush.

• #1,703
zoobyshoe said:
Tonight the television is presenting, "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter." I've been waiting two years to see this.

I wonder if this movie were shown in some far off land where US history is not well known, like Singapore or Burkina Faso, whether the viewers would think Lincoln was a completely fictional character, like van Helsing, or George W. Bush.
I've watched it several times here in Vietnam. The movie is good, I like all those of the same genre, e.g Van Helsing or uhm...Maleficient :D.

• #1,704
I'm disappointed. The previews made it look like a higher quality film.

• #1,705
The news says there will be a partial eclipse of the sun on Thursday, best viewed in the central US.

• #1,707
Very rainy day here today. The roof leaked at my work -- right above a main electrical panel! They had to turn the electricity off for the whole building. So I got a half-day off - YAY roof leaks :D!

Likes Borek and Medicol
  • #1,708
lisab said:
Very rainy day here today. The roof leaked at my work -- right above a main electrical panel! They had to turn the electricity off for the whole building. So I got a half-day off - YAY roof leaks :D!
What a horrible workplace! What if the roof falls down suddenly one day ? It looks like you have plenty of stuff to do in a day. I hope you still have time to chill out with us all here. :D

• #1,709
I was drawing at Starbucks tonight and saw this couple looking at me from across the room. They were too far away to see the drawing, so I didn't think it was that. After consideration, I think it was my lamp. I have taken to bringing my own lamp to draw by because the lighting in coffee houses is nearly always too dim. Some people think that's a really out of the ordinary thing to do, and I've gotten comments about it.

Anyway, behind me, I heard a rather creepy sounding character trying to pick a girl up. Like, he was so off, forced and stilted, that I had the idea she might end up in a hole in his basement having lotion lowered down to her in a basket if she went with him. Eventually he left. She left about a half hour later. The he came back. He was holding a bright blue umbrella. He closed it twice before he re-entered, like a little ritual. It was 9:30 at night and the sky was perfectly clear, not even overcast.

• #1,710
I saw a werewolf drinkin' a pina colada at Trader Vic's, and his hair was perfect.

• #1,711
Speaking of which. Shouldn't XenForo hair be green now? oo)

or maybe blue-green?

• #1,712
dlgoff said:
Speaking of which. Shouldn't XenForo hair be green now? oo)

or maybe blue-green?
I have no idea what this post means.

But it's funny you mention green hair.

Likes dlgoff
  • #1,713
dlgoff said:
Shouldn't XenForo hair be green now?

Definitely.

Likes dlgoff
  • #1,714
Cats have this thing where, as soon as they hear the can open, they think they have to meow urgently and incessantly till the dish is set in front of them, like, if they don't, you'll forget what you're doing and wander away.