Is it time for Random Thoughts - Part 4?

In summary: No, I'm not going to finish that.Some guy tried to sell me eh.. recreational tools today while I was getting groceries.I guess setting up a trashy website was too costly for him, so he just sold them in the frozen foods section at walmart.
  • #1,716
1413890882246_wps_1_Renee_Zellweger_2004_2011.jpg

The last photo in the sequence...oo)
Maybe she should change her name too?

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #1,717
Suddenly I want to become a flight attendant, but when I look at their requirements for hiring, I discover they look for those of 18-28 years old only. My country sucks.

• #1,719
zoki85 said:
The last photo in the sequence...oo)
Maybe she should change her name too?
People are making way too much of the apparent change in her eyes. She's aging and stuff happens when you age. My own eyes have changed a lot with the passing of years, and I've seen it happen to other actors besides Rene Zellweger. Tony Shalhoub's eyes changed dramatically from one season of Monk to the next. Aging turns out to be weird: some things age very slowly and steadily and other things seem to shift suddenly overnight.

• #1,720
Would you believe it - yesterday Junior got married in Las Vegas :)

• #1,721
The evils of war -

Sgt. Kevin Powell, recently sat down with Brian Parrello's mother, Shirley Parrello, for a StoryCorps interview in West Milford, N.J. Brian was the only member of the platoon killed during their deployment in 2004.

http://www.npr.org/2014/10/25/358590784/after-loss-marines-parents-gained-20-something-other-sons

"We took fire that day. We heard a large explosion, and we could feel it," Powell says. "I see that Brian's laying there with his shirt cut open. His rifle had been blown in half from the IED that he hit.

"I grabbed his hand. He looked at me, and he wasn't yelling and he wasn't upset. I can still picture him, and I picture him all the time," Powell says, his voice thick with emotion. "I spend a lot of time laying in bed, not being able to go to sleep, just thinking, 'What could I have done differently. What could I have done better?'

"I still have those thoughts."
Brian's platoon will join Brian's parents in a 10th anniversary memorial this year.

• #1,722
zoobyshoe said:
She's aging and stuff happens when you age.
Yeah, plastic surgery stuff happens :D

• #1,723
Borek said:
Whaaaa? Really? Congrats!

Were you and Marzena caught totally by surprise, or did you suspect something was going to happen?

• #1,724
zoki85 said:
Yeah, plastic surgery stuff happens :D
No one gets plastic surgery to make their eyebrows lower.

• #1,725
It's a quiet night in San Diego. The weather is mild, the internet is running strong, and none of my relatives got married in Las Vegas today.

• #1,726
The smiling smilie has an ironic smile!:)

EDit: hmmm...I just realized that my sig has turned into a o:)! It was an angel in old version of PF.:D

Last edited:
  • #1,727
(...whispering...) A guy sent me an email with his plans and promises. He thinks as if this is the first time I am being naive. :D Most Satanic people control others if they know their dreams, likes and desires.
I wish I could be more powerful in some way to give those arse-holes lessons, or better eliminate them completely.

• #1,728
lisab said:
Whaaaa? Really? Congrats!

Were you and Marzena caught totally by surprise, or did you suspect something was going to happen?

They said "they may", so not a surprise, but it wasn't entirely clear whether they will. At least that's how it looks from our POV based on what we were told.

Likes Medicol
  • #1,729
Borek said:
Congratulations but Dang. If you could have been there, I might have been able to start another bucket list check thread. :H

Likes Borek
  • #1,730
Speaking passionately about things one does not know. :D

https://screen.yahoo.com/buzzfeed/pass-u-citizenship-test-234512053.htmlThe lighter side of driving -
https://screen.yahoo.com/buzzfeed/driving-taught-sex-ed-233611379.html

• #1,731
Zooby? Danger? Wolram? I need to correct the date on my computer. I seem to have accidently logged on in 2005. If Tribdog shows up I'll be sure to let Moonbear know.

Likes lisab, Borek and Lisa!
  • #1,732
Where IS MoonB? and how is she i have'nt heard from her in AGES

• #1,733
Moonie is OK, I see her frequently on facebook.

• #1,734
zoobyshoe said:
No one gets plastic surgery to make their eyebrows lower.
Not even middle-aged she-Zoobies?

• #1,735
My dog Ming is seriously ill. He needs to stay in the hospital for several days. :L I can't afford it. We're talking over a thousand dollars for a couple of days with the x-rays and tests.

Likes Medicol
  • #1,736
NOOOO! Ming!

• #1,737
lisab said:
Not even middle-aged she-Zoobies?
Not even. For you see, Lisa, zoobies don't have eyebrows.

• #1,738
Borek said:

No, at first I didn't believe it because of Las Vegas but now I do, so:
Congrats!
Evo said:
My dog Ming is seriously ill. He needs to stay in the hospital for several days. :L I can't afford it. We're talking over a thousand dollars for a couple of days with the x-rays and tests.

Sorry to hear that!:(

Likes Borek
  • #1,739
Evo said:
My dog Ming is seriously ill.

Sorry to hear that, Evo :(

• #1,740
I read a closed thread in the Programming forum and learn a new word "Fake Gravity", which makes me chuckle a lot :D. Hey rock on! :DD

• #1,741
I wish the best for Ming.

• #1,742
Write the patent application zoki, don't be a lazy jerk

Likes Medicol
  • #1,743
Ming stopped coughing but his vet harassed me into taking him to the pet hospital anyway. They found nothing really wrong and charged me $400. I'll have the final radiologists report tomorrow or Wednesday.

Thank you all that cared. I'm hoping nothing else shows up. He does have a narrow trachea, which could collapse, he may end up like Chacha. :L

Likes Borek and Medicol
  • #1,744
Evo said:
This makes me sad :s!

• #1,745
Evo said:
Ming stopped coughing but his vet harassed me into taking him to the pet hospital anyway. They found nothing really wrong and charged me $400. I'll have the final radiologists report tomorrow or Wednesday.

Thank you all that cared. I'm hoping nothing else shows up. He does have a narrow trachea, which could collapse, he may end up like Chacha. :L
Oh I just read this after posting. How is he now? It sounds like he's a bit better, maybe?

Likes Medicol
  • #1,746
lisab said:
Oh I just read this after posting. How is he now? It sounds like he's a bit better, maybe?
He's better but still has that screeching cough a couple of times a day, nothing like the first time when he coughed violently for an hour without stopping. He's on antibiotics, just in case it's an infection. I'm waiting to hear back about his x-rays. It's just really bizarre.

Likes Medicol
  • #1,747
Just randomly wondering why you smile like a blockhead when you are in love. Not that I'm in love. Just remembering; and realizing how silly one looked like and acted. :rolleyes:

*robotic voice* Initiating teen love sequence. Deactivating intelligence and a few other functions.

Last edited:
  • #1,748
Act instinctively.

• #1,749
Note to self;
"1 pepper without the seeds" >> "2 peppers with seeds" in pumpkin (half a pumpkin) soup

• #1,750
nuuskur said:
Act instinctively.
So...rip my textbook apart and punch through my laptop screen?