Is it time for Random Thoughts - Part 4?

In summary: No, I'm not going to finish that.Some guy tried to sell me eh.. recreational tools today while I was getting groceries.I guess setting up a trashy website was too costly for him, so he just sold them in the frozen foods section at walmart.
  • #1,821
If hot water is getting warmer and warmer, does that mean it's cooling down?

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #1,822
lisab said:
almost yes.

• #1,823
The trouble with those commercials is, despite the alternatives, I still never warm up to the idea of being normal Rob Lowe.

• #1,824
IMO, cosmology subforum is the funniest read . Sometimes, mere titles of threads are enough to have me in stiches.

• #1,825
Darn it. I was reading a local freelancer job ads that clearly stated a successful candidate could earn up to $10000 per month and I applied for it immediately but today I revisited the site and reread the ads to only see it is only $1000.
I realize I actually work for $$$ :D.

• #1,826
I want one of these.

Likes Medicol and RonL
  • #1,827
dlgoff said:
I want one of these.

While I have been growing old others have been building my daydreams:oops:

• #1,828
dlgoff said:
I want one of these.

Me too.
Of course, I'm referring to some long hair mammals sitting in that vehicle.

• #1,829
RonL said:
While I have been growing old others have been building my daydreams:oops:
Yeah. Same for me. But you got to love knowing your dreams are being fulfilled by like minded youngsters.
zoki85 said:
Me too.
Of course, I'm referring to some long hair mammals sitting in that vehicle.
I didn't specify which one I wanted. :D

• #1,832
dlgoff said:
I want one of these.

This one is more my speed:)

Likes dlgoff
  • #1,833
edward said:
This one is more my speed:)

Let's get one and go fishing. Seriously. I'll bring the beer.

Likes edward
  • #1,834
15102800964_10d33a7757_o.jpg

Likes zoobyshoe, nuuskur, Borek and 2 others
  • #1,835
Things that make you wonder - turning on a light at 3am and hearing a vehicle speed away 15 seconds later.

• #1,836
Borg said:
Things that make you wonder - turning on a light at 3am and hearing a vehicle speed away 15 seconds later.
Time for role call:D

• #1,837
RonL said:
Time for role call:D

Or even roll call? Unless you're a casting director.

Likes RonL
  • #1,838
Troll calls for mentors.

• #1,839
Jonathan Scott said:
Or even roll call? Unless you're a casting director.
Sometimes you know something's wrong, just haven't had that second sip of coffee:)

• #1,840
Sixteen posts to go...

• #1,841
Enigman said:
Sixteen posts to go...
:nb)o_O

• #1,843
This is always an interesting time of year in my backyard.
I think there are at least 10 different kinds of mushrooms growing right now.
Today I found some that were moldy.
It struck me as somewhat redundant.​

pf.2014.11.06.1122.fuzzy.shroom.jpg

Spinellus fusiger perhaps?

I also accidentally introduced some huge mushrooms about 5 years ago when I purchased some apparently not completely composted mushroom compost.
They are about 7 inches across. I kind of like them. I think they are cold weather mushrooms, as they are migrating northward at about 2 feet per year.​

pf.2014.11.06.1142.big.shrooms.jpg

• #1,844
Likes gracy and Medicol
  • #1,845
OmCheeto said:
This is always an interesting time of year in my backyard.
I think there are at least 10 different kinds of mushrooms growing right now.
Today I found some that were moldy.
It struck me as somewhat redundant.​

pf.2014.11.06.1122.fuzzy.shroom.jpg

Spinellus fusiger perhaps?

I also accidentally introduced some huge mushrooms about 5 years ago when I purchased some apparently not completely composted mushroom compost.​
They are about 7 inches across. I kind of like them. I think they are cold weather mushrooms, as they are migrating northward at about 2 feet per year.

pf.2014.11.06.1142.big.shrooms.jpg
Anything that would require pigs ? :rolleyes:

• #1,846
Jonathan Scott said:
Where's the :blush: icon when I need it? But that seems sad; I hope you meet some nicer people soon; there are plenty of them around.
There's such a crowd, it would be hard for anyone to be first place:cool:

• #1,847
They live in the same habitat and very near to each other. One's appearance will induce others'.
New food of thought I just got yesterday: Read private messages sent from a smart phone's SIM card embedded application :D.
I can't believe how on Earth people keep asking me good questions I have no answers to.

Likes RonL
  • #1,848
lisab said:
Thanks for the post! Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

Likes Astronuc, lisab, Borek and 2 others
  • #1,849
DennisN said:
Thanks for the post! Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?
You forgot one thing. "I'm Greg Bernhardt and I approve this auto-post"

Likes RonL
  • #1,850
dlgoff said:
I've been accused of being naive, here at the forum. I hate being called that. But it never crossed my mind that those were auto-posts.

Though, I might be a bit biased, as Chroot posted a comment on my very first thread. Even though it was somewhat negative, I was flabbergasted that admin took the time to personally respond. And the criticism was greatly appreciated. Actually, every criticism was greatly appreciated. My flesh friends usually respond to my ideas with; "That's stupid".

It took me only a few more days to figure out that PF was a different, and my kind of place.

Likes dlgoff
  • #1,851
First date at an Arby's parking lot? Low budget dating.
bad first date
"It will not go down as a good first date," Kraus said. "But at least he got his wallet and his $2 back."

• #1,852
nsaspook said:
First date at an Arby's parking lot? Low budget dating.
bad first date
Recently I wanted to look for something on Craigslist, which I don't have linked in my bookmarks (why? I don't know!). When I entered "c" in Google, "Clackamas County Jail" was the first suggestion it gave me! How is that even possible?! I don't live in Oregon and I don't know anyone in jail there! (Or do I? Om...?)

But from your post - emphasis mine:

Heather Dureen Hegre, 20, was booked into the Clackamas County Jail and was released, pending a grand jury investigation.

You guys really know how to party down there ;).

Last edited:
Likes Medicol
  • #1,853
Kind of strange experience. I did only a partial move and I am sleeping in an apartment that has just a mattress some boxes and a few other things, all far away from it; there is literally nothing other than the floor and the walls for a 25-ft radius of the mattress.

• #1,855
I guess it was a complement I received today when a woman reported to the police that I had " a suspiciously-large package".