Learn Catia V5 & Matlab&Simulink for Aircraft Engineering

• MATLAB
  • Thread starter aero.engg
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker has completed their engineering degree and is now interested in strengthening their skills in either Catia V5 or MathWorks. They are seeking advice on which software to focus on for a career as an aircraft engineer and also ask about other useful CAD programs in the aviation industry. The speaker mentions that in their experience, Solid Works, Autodesk Inventor, and Strand7 are commonly asked about in interviews. They also mention that UGS NX and Catia V5 are widely used in aerospace companies, while Matlab and Simulink are commonly used for data manipulation and control and systems engineering.
aero.engg
I completed my engineering now I would like to become strong in either Catia V5 or MathWorks. First I would like to know how often the Matlab&Simulink is used in aviation industry. I would also like to learn Catia V5 so could anyone give me suggestions on which software I should concentrate such that it should helpful for my career as an aircraft engineer. Also, what CAD softwares are useful to build a good career in aviation industry?

Physics news on Phys.org
When you go for interviews at aviation companies, they only ask about your experience with CAD and FEA programs. In my experience, I've only been asked about Solid Works, Autodesk Inventor, and Strand7. This is over 15 interviews or so.

As far as CAD tools are concerned UGS NX and Catia V5 are most widely used in aerospace industry (Rolls Royce, Assystem, UTC). Matlab is widely used as a data manipulation tool and Simulink which is a toobox within Matlab is used for control and systems engineering.

What is Catia V5?

Catia V5 is a powerful computer-aided design (CAD) software used for creating 3D models and designs. It is widely used in the aerospace industry for designing aircraft and other complex mechanical systems.

What is Matlab&Simulink?

Matlab&Simulink is a software package used for mathematical computation, data analysis, and simulation. It is widely used in the engineering field for developing complex algorithms and models.

How can Catia V5 and Matlab&Simulink be used in aircraft engineering?

Catia V5 and Matlab&Simulink can be used together in aircraft engineering to design and analyze complex aircraft systems, such as flight controls, avionics, and propulsion systems. Engineers can use Catia V5 to create 3D models of the aircraft and its components, while Matlab&Simulink can be used to simulate and test the functionality and performance of these systems.

Do I need any prior knowledge to learn Catia V5 and Matlab&Simulink for aircraft engineering?

While prior knowledge of CAD and programming may be helpful, it is not necessary to learn Catia V5 and Matlab&Simulink for aircraft engineering. There are many online tutorials and courses available that can teach these software programs from the basics.

Are there any additional resources available for learning Catia V5 and Matlab&Simulink for aircraft engineering?

Yes, there are many online forums, communities, and user groups where engineers can share knowledge and expertise in using Catia V5 and Matlab&Simulink for aircraft engineering. Additionally, there are also books and official documentation provided by the software developers that can serve as valuable resources for learning these programs.