Need help with a logic gate circuit please?

In summary: Table with a row for each of the 16 possible input combinations of 4 bits:Input CombinationOutputs000000101010111011011110011001111
kamyk
Hello, I just joined because I am having a serious issue figuring out a logic gate circuit with 4 source signals, and a non active state and two items that activate depending on a number of different states for each signal. I've been giving myself a headache for hours trying to puzzle this out. It's for a video game I'm working on where two bridges need to activate or deactivate depending on off/on (0/1) signals from the 4 sources, and I would appreciate it if someone could give me the solution.

It would be easier if I just posted my notes on what I need to achieve than to explain. I have listed the 4 source signals with 0 or 1 to show it's active state, what state bridge 1 and/or 2 need to be in, and the numbers needed to activate or deactivate the bridges. I have separated each situation by containing them inside dashes. Some of the sources are only activated by other sources, therefore the combinations I present are the only possible ones. I may not need to mention this, but I can't have multiple outputs all leading to each bridge. It will act as an AND if I connect more than one, hence the need for the logic circuit. I have AND, OR, XOR, NAND, NOR, XNOR, and NOT to work with, so anyone finding me a solution can use any of them. These combinations are listed in the order they become available to the player, and also the numbers on the left are both toggleable, and the numbers on the right remain 1 once activated. Additionally, the bottom left number will remain 1 once the bottom right number becomes 1.---------------------------

Inputs
0 0

0 0

bridges on on
Need a 1 and a 1

---------------------------

Inputs
0 1

0 0

bridges off off
need a 0 and a 0

Inputs
1 1

0 0

bridges on off
need a 1 and a 0

Inputs
1 1

1 0

bridges on on
need a 1 and a 1

Inputs
1 1

1 1

bridges off off
need a 0 and a 0

Inputs
0 1

1 1

bridges off off
need a 0 and a 0I'm kind of new to logic gates, and I really have been puzzling over this for hours getting a headache, so I would really appreciate help.

Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org

1. How do I design a logic gate circuit?

To design a logic gate circuit, you first need to understand the logic behind it. This involves knowing the different types of logic gates and their functions. Then, you can use a truth table to map out the inputs and outputs of your circuit. Finally, you can use a circuit simulator or create a physical circuit using logic gate components to implement your design.

2. What are the basic components needed for a logic gate circuit?

The basic components needed for a logic gate circuit are logic gates, power supply, input devices, and output devices. The logic gates are responsible for performing the logical operations, while the power supply provides the necessary voltage for the circuit to function. The input devices, such as switches, provide the initial input signals, and the output devices, such as LEDs, display the results of the logic operation.

3. Can I use different types of logic gates in the same circuit?

Yes, you can use different types of logic gates in the same circuit. In fact, using a combination of logic gates allows for more complex logic operations to be performed. However, it is important to ensure that the inputs and outputs of the different gates are compatible to avoid any errors in the circuit.

4. How do I troubleshoot a logic gate circuit?

If your logic gate circuit is not functioning as expected, there are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot it. First, check your circuit for any loose connections or faulty components. Next, verify that your inputs and outputs are correct by comparing them to a truth table. You can also use a multimeter to check the voltage levels at different points in the circuit. If all else fails, try redesigning your circuit or seeking help from a more experienced individual.

5. What are some common applications of logic gate circuits?

Logic gate circuits are used in various electronic devices, such as computers, calculators, and smartphones. They are also commonly used in automated systems, such as traffic lights, to control the flow of information. Additionally, logic gate circuits are used in security systems, industrial control systems, and many other applications where logical operations need to be performed.