New Aspiring Theoretical Physicist

AlexV197
Hello, my name is Alex. I'm a high school student in Menomonie and I'm fascinated by the world of physics. I want to work toward getting a doctorates degree in physics and go on to work as a theoretical physicist. I'm taking AP Physics as a class and spend all of my free time learning and reading all I can about the subject. I have a whole bookshelf of Michio Kaku, Stephen Hawking, Brian Greene, etc as well as some textbooks that I will reference and read through. I keep my own notebooks and whiteboards around my room with my own theories and ideas that I hope to share with anyone who will listen and give me an honest opinion on my ever formulating work. I'm excited to become a part of this community and meet many like-minded people! Thanks for reading.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome Alex!

Please be sure to read our guidelines before posting. https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/physics-forums-global-guidelines.414380/

While it's great that pop-science from people like Kaku, Greene, etc... seem fun, you will soon find out that the real world of physics is different. Please feel free to read about the real science here and ask well formed questions if there is something that you do not understand.

Likes AlexV197
Evo said:
Welcome Alex!

Please be sure to read our guidelines before posting. https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/physics-forums-global-guidelines.414380/

While it's great that pop-science from people like Kaku, Greene, etc... seem fun, you will soon find out that the real world of physics is different. Please feel free to read about the real science here and ask well formed questions if there is something that you do not understand.
Thanks for the information! I look forward to learning.

Likes Evo