Problem logging onto sbcglobal.net email

• Thread starter yungman
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Email
In summary, the individual is having trouble logging into their @sbcglobal.net email on their laptop, despite knowing the password. They have tried using different browsers and changing the password, but it kept pointing to their wife's email instead. They also ran a virus scan, but found nothing. They eventually resolved the issue by resetting the password on att.com.
yungman
Hi, I have a strange issue, I cannot log into my @sbcglobal.net email on my laptop. I know the password, we have no problem logging in on another computer, just my laptop. I tried using IE and Google Chrome ( going to Yahoo), both kept saying the password or email address are not valid. I tried to change the password of the email on my laptop and it kept pointing to my wife email address. I manage to change my wife's password, but not the sbcglobal.net! I don't want to log out on the working computer, then I would lost both.

My first thoughts was virus, I ran the aggressive virus scan with Norton Power Eraser and nothing showed up. Laptop is working fine. I am at a lost. I don't serve around like a lot of people, everything I do is no nonsense stuffs that I don't think I would attract virus. Please advice.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Id check with sbcglobal to see if anything changed.

Did you setup a recovery email or recovery phone number or security questions to allow you to do a reset?

Thanks

I resolve the problem. I went on att.com and reset the password and it works now.

Thats great. Thanks for sharing how you fixed it. In the past, I've had to delete and recreate my accts to get things back to normal so considrr yourself pretty lucky.

1. Why am I having trouble logging onto my sbcglobal.net email account?

There could be several reasons for this issue. It could be due to incorrect login credentials, a temporary server issue, or a problem with your internet connection. It's best to double-check your login information and try again. If the issue persists, try using a different device or internet connection to narrow down the problem.

2. How do I reset my password for sbcglobal.net email?

To reset your password, go to the sbcglobal.net login page and click on the "Forgot Password" link. You will be prompted to enter your email address and follow the instructions to reset your password. If you do not have access to your email account, you can also reset your password by answering your security questions.

3. I am getting an "Invalid Username or Password" error when trying to log into my sbcglobal.net email. What should I do?

This error message indicates that the login information you entered is incorrect. Double-check your username and password, making sure to enter them correctly. If you have forgotten your password, follow the steps to reset it. If the issue persists, contact your service provider for further assistance.

4. Can I access my sbcglobal.net email on my mobile device?

Yes, you can access your sbcglobal.net email on your mobile device by downloading the appropriate email app or by setting up your account through your device's email settings. Make sure to enter the correct server settings and login information to successfully access your email on your mobile device.

5. Is sbcglobal.net email still supported?

Yes, sbcglobal.net email is still supported by AT&T, the parent company of SBCGlobal. However, it has been merged with Yahoo Mail, so you will need to access your sbcglobal.net email through the Yahoo Mail website or app. If you encounter any issues, you can contact AT&T customer support for assistance.