Problem with Firefox on my new laptop

In summary, the conversation revolves around a new laptop with Windows 7 Pro and Firefox being unable to properly function on certain websites and with certain tasks, such as deleting items from a cart or submitting edits on a forum. The suggestion to use Internet Explorer or Chrome is made, but the person is more familiar with and prefers Firefox. It is mentioned that the new computer may have bloat malware causing the issues, but it is resolved after running a malware scan. The conversation concludes with frustration towards companies installing bloatware on new computers and the recommendation to run a malware scan regularly.
yungman
Hi

I just bought a new I5 laptop with Win 7 Pro. I loaded Firefox. But I notice I have problem when I go to some forums and even ordering with Digikey.

With Digikey, when I want to delete an item in the cart, it did not respond when I hit the delete key.
With diyaudio.com forum, when I want to edit my post, it will not submit, nothing happens when I hit "save"

The symptom is as if that button does not work on the screen.

I tried Firefox with my old laptop with Win 7 Pro also, it works.

On the new laptop, I resorted to using Internet Explorer and everything works.

Anything I can do to fix this?

Thaniks

Computer science news on Phys.org
But I am more familiar with Firefox, I have been using it for years, I know how to set up a lot of things, save book marks to different computers and all. I can't even find the bookmark on IE. I used Chrome for a little bit, it's different!.

Thanks

I was going to ask the second question. My new computer has a lot of pop ups! How can a new computer has malware? It's a HP! I'll try that.

Thanks

Yeah HP very likely has installed bloat malware. They get little kickbacks for installing it.

I just ran the program you suggested. It found a bunch of pop up stuff and I removed them all. We'll see whether this will cure the pop up problem.

Thanks

Likes Greg Bernhardt
Digikey site seems to work now. I yet to try the forum.

Thanks

Looks like it works for the forum too! Wow, all the malware from a NEW COMPUTER! Computer like this, you don't need enemy!

Thanks for all your help.

Good to hear. It's a real shame these companies put that junk on a brand new computer. Run that malware scan once a month.

Thanks

1. Why is Firefox not working on my new laptop?

There could be several reasons why Firefox is not working on your new laptop. It could be due to a compatibility issue with your laptop's hardware or operating system, an outdated version of Firefox, or a corrupted installation.

2. How can I fix the problem with Firefox on my new laptop?

The first step to fixing the problem is to make sure you have the latest version of Firefox installed. If that doesn't work, try clearing your browsing history and cache, disabling any extensions or plugins, or performing a clean reinstall of Firefox.

3. Is there a known issue with Firefox and certain laptop brands?

While Firefox is compatible with most laptop brands, there have been reported issues with certain models or configurations. It's best to check with the Firefox support forums or your laptop's manufacturer for any known compatibility issues.

4. Why does Firefox keep crashing on my new laptop?

There are a few possible reasons for Firefox crashing on your new laptop. It could be due to a conflicting program or extension, a corrupted profile, or outdated graphics drivers. Try troubleshooting these potential causes to fix the issue.

5. Can I use a different browser instead of Firefox on my new laptop?

Yes, you can use any browser of your choice on your new laptop. However, Firefox is a popular and reliable option, so it's worth troubleshooting and fixing any issues before switching to a different browser.