Problems in explicit dynamics simulation in ANSYS Workbench

In summary, the individual is seeking help with using ANSYS and is having trouble with two solids passing through each other. They have tried various tutorials and settings, but the results remain the same. They have also attempted using automatic contacts, but the issue persists. They are asking for advice on contact settings and have already attempted using both friction and frictionless options. They are now seeking clarification on the issue.
german9011
I'm new with ansys if I can help it would be helpful.
the problem is that two solids are shocked, but one of them is going through the other, have already implemented several things different tutorials but the answer is the same. the only question when I change the location fixed support the results change. I've also tried putting speed and standard Earth gravity but I do not lack anything the result.

Attachments

• impact.jpg
    impact.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 891
  • impact.jpg
    impact.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 693
Engineering news on Phys.org
There is something wrong with your contacts if you getting penetration (one material passing through the other). Looks like you have made your own contacts. Try and see if it works well with automatic contacts. Please list the contact settings you have used.

if I've already tried that contacts are so automatic, I've done with friction and frictionless but the answer remains the same solids are crossed.

thanks for answering.

Can you be a bit more clearer with your problem?

If penetration is your only problem, check for body interactions

What is explicit dynamics simulation in ANSYS Workbench?

Explicit dynamics simulation in ANSYS Workbench is a type of finite element analysis that is used to analyze dynamic events such as impacts, explosions, and crashes. It involves solving equations of motion to predict the behavior of a structure under transient loads. This type of simulation is particularly useful in industries such as automotive and aerospace for testing the performance and durability of their products.

What are some common problems encountered in explicit dynamics simulation in ANSYS Workbench?

Some common problems that may arise in explicit dynamics simulation in ANSYS Workbench include convergence issues, excessive element distortion, and incorrect boundary conditions. These problems can lead to inaccurate results and may require troubleshooting and modifications to the simulation setup.

How can I improve the accuracy of my explicit dynamics simulation in ANSYS Workbench?

To improve the accuracy of your simulation, it is important to carefully define the material properties, element type and size, and boundary conditions. It is also helpful to perform convergence studies to ensure that the results are not significantly affected by changes in the mesh density or time step size. Additionally, using advanced simulation techniques such as automatic remeshing and adaptive time stepping can also improve the accuracy of the results.

What are the advantages of using explicit dynamics simulation in ANSYS Workbench?

Explicit dynamics simulation in ANSYS Workbench offers several advantages over other types of simulations. It allows for the analysis of highly nonlinear, transient events that cannot be accurately modeled using other methods. It also provides detailed information on the behavior of a structure during dynamic events, which can be used to optimize designs and improve product performance.

Are there any limitations to explicit dynamics simulation in ANSYS Workbench?

While explicit dynamics simulation is a powerful tool, it does have some limitations. It is computationally intensive and may require a significant amount of time and resources to run. It is also limited to small strains and deformations, so it may not be suitable for analyzing structures that undergo large deformations. Additionally, it may not be the best choice for long-term or steady-state simulations.