Question about sinusoidal steady-state analysis

In summary, the conversation discusses a problem related to sinusoidal steady-state analysis and how the given solution values are incorrect. The expert helper points out a mistake in the handwriting and suggests using LaTeX syntax for easier readability in the future. The question asker thanks for the help and agrees to use LaTeX in future posts.
e0ne199
hello everyone, i have a problem related with sinusoidal steady-state analysis, the problem is like this :
20181122-001735.jpg

the circuit for the question is like this :
20181122-001756.jpg

i am still unable to find the answer for the question (b), the answer i got is not the same as the one provided by the question above, my attempt to get the solution is like this :
20181122-015606.jpg

do you know how to get the same answer as the one provided by the question above? thanks before

Attachments

• 20181122-001735.jpg
    20181122-001735.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 750
  • 20181122-001756.jpg
    20181122-001756.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 828
  • 20181122-015606.jpg
    20181122-015606.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 603
Physics news on Phys.org
I suspect that there's something wrong with the problem statement in that the given solution values are not correct. I certainly didn't arrive at their values.

edit: fixed a minor typo

Last edited:
e0ne199 said:
how to get the same answer as the one provided by the question above?
##I_S\ =\ I_C\ +\ I_{R_2}##
Capacitor and resistor currents here should be 90° out of phase, but your working shows them in phase. It looks like you are substituting wrong data for ##I_C##. As does the book.

And I think at some stage you have mistaken your scribbled digit 3 for an 8?

NascentOxygen said:
##I_S\ =\ I_C\ +\ I_{R_2}##
Capacitor and resistor currents here should be 90° out of phase, but your working shows them in phase. It looks like you are substituting wrong data for ##I_C##. As does the book.

And I think at some stage you have mistaken your scribbled digit 3 for an 8?

haha lol you are right, i did insert a wrong value after looking at it again...so that means i am still unable to solve question (a) too...anyway is the answer from the question wrong or is there another way to solve it?

anyway this is the revision for my answer :
20181122-213140.jpg

could you point out which is wrong for the solution i have just made above?

Attachments

• 20181122-213140.jpg
    20181122-213140.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 506
gneill said:
I suspect that there's something wrong with the problem statement in that the given solution values are not correct. I certainly didn't arrive at their values.

edit: fixed a minor typo
i have tried to find the exact same answer as the one provided by the question but i am still unable to get it until now and i am starting to think that probably my approach is wrong ... is my way to get the answer wrong or is it the answer itself which is wrong?? i hope you could correct anything wrong in my question..

e0ne199 said:
could you point out which is wrong for the solution i have just made above?
Your solution looks correct. The book's answers are not correct.

May I point out that I had to struggle quite a bit to make out some of your handwriting, particularly the tiny, squished together numbers for some of the angles. I might have replied sooner if I didn't have to "sleuth" through your handwriting. In future, please make sure that your submissions are easily readable, even on small screens like phones or tablets. Better yet, type in your equations. LaTeX syntax is supported here, and the edit toolbar contains icons for making subscripts, superscripts, and access to many math symbols via the ##\Sigma## icon.

Likes BvU
gneill said:
Your solution looks correct. The book's answers are not correct.

May I point out that I had to struggle quite a bit to make out some of your handwriting, particularly the tiny, squished together numbers for some of the angles. I might have replied sooner if I didn't have to "sleuth" through your handwriting. In future, please make sure that your submissions are easily readable, even on small screens like phones or tablets. Better yet, type in your equations. LaTeX syntax is supported here, and the edit toolbar contains icons for making subscripts, superscripts, and access to many math symbols via the ##\Sigma## icon.
thx for the reply, i will do it in my future post

Thank you, it would be greatly appreciated by our homework helpers. :smile:

1. What is sinusoidal steady-state analysis?

Sinusoidal steady-state analysis is a method used in electrical engineering to study the behavior of circuits and systems under steady-state conditions when a sinusoidal input signal is applied.

2. Why is sinusoidal steady-state analysis important?

Sinusoidal steady-state analysis is important because it allows engineers to understand how a circuit or system will behave when a sinusoidal signal is applied, which is a common type of input in many applications.

3. How is sinusoidal steady-state analysis different from transient analysis?

Transient analysis looks at the behavior of a circuit or system during the transition from one steady-state condition to another, while sinusoidal steady-state analysis focuses only on the steady-state behavior when a sinusoidal signal is applied.

4. What are some common applications of sinusoidal steady-state analysis?

Sinusoidal steady-state analysis is commonly used in the design and analysis of electronic circuits, power systems, and communication systems. It is also used in the study of mechanical and acoustic systems.

5. What are some limitations of sinusoidal steady-state analysis?

Sinusoidal steady-state analysis assumes that all components in a circuit or system behave linearly and that the input signal is a pure sinusoid. These assumptions may not hold true in some real-world applications, which can limit the accuracy of the analysis.