Recommend beginner engineering books

In summary: HiI am a first year engineering studentI want to start by learning general engineeringSo I want books recommendationI want to understand the engineering behind the followingReferegrationFansCar and automobilesComputersCivil worksBuildingsPlanesSpace craftKitchen toolsTelevisionsNearly all engineered systemsI want books for beginners easy to readIn summary, if you are in a college engineering program, your textbooks are the books you need.
AhmedHesham
Hi
I am a first year engineering student
I want to start by learning general engineering
So I want books recommendation
I want to understand the engineering behind the following
Referegration
Fans
Car and automobiles
Computers
Civil works
Buildings
Planes
Space craft
Kitchen tools
Televisions
Nearly all engineered systems
I want books for beginners easy to read

Physics news on Phys.org
AhmedHesham said:
Hi
Referegration
Fans
Car and automobiles
Computers
Civil works
Buildings
Planes
Space craft
Kitchen tools
Televisions
I don't understand - do you mean you are in a college engineering program? Mechanicalnical engineering? If so, your textbooks are the books you need.

AhmedHesham said:
Hi
Referegration
Fans
Car and automobiles
Computers
Civil works
Buildings
Planes
Space craft
Kitchen tools
Televisions
You have several other threads asking about similar subjects, but maybe this will help...

When I was young, my dad bought a 2-volume book set that had a title something like "The Way Things Work". It was basically a condensed encyclopedia (a page or two per subject), with the emphasis on how different things were put together and how they worked.

There are a number of such books now, and also the website www.howstuffworks.com (but it is pretty obnoxious with all of its ads and the way they spread subjects over several pages that you have to click through). Maybe look in your university library for such books, to see if they can help you learn quickly about many different subjects that you are interested in. Best of luck! :smile:

1574623762216.png

1574623794308.png

• Informative
Likes russ_watters and anorlunda

1. What are some recommended beginner engineering books?

Some recommended beginner engineering books include "Introduction to Engineering: Modeling and Problem Solving" by Jay Brockman, "Engineering Fundamentals: An Introduction to Engineering" by Saeed Moaveni, and "The Way Things Work: An Illustrated Encyclopedia of Technology" by David Macaulay.

2. Are there any engineering books specifically for beginners?

Yes, there are many engineering books specifically written for beginners. These books often provide a basic overview of engineering principles and concepts, making them a great starting point for those new to the field.

3. What is the best way to choose a beginner engineering book?

The best way to choose a beginner engineering book is to consider your specific interests and goals within the field of engineering. Some books may focus on specific areas such as mechanical or electrical engineering, while others may provide a broader overview. It's also helpful to read reviews and ask for recommendations from others in the engineering field.

4. Are there any online resources or e-books for beginner engineering?

Yes, there are many online resources and e-books available for beginner engineering. Some popular options include "Engineering for Beginners" by Anthony Croft, "Fundamentals of Engineering Design" by Barry Hyman, and "Introduction to Engineering Design" by Andrew Samuel and John Weir.

5. How can I use beginner engineering books to supplement my studies or career?

Beginner engineering books can be a great supplement to your studies or career by providing a solid foundation of engineering principles and concepts. They can also help you stay updated on new technologies and advancements in the field. Additionally, many beginner engineering books offer practical examples and exercises to apply your knowledge in real-world situations.