Resources for the physics of clouds

In summary, there are several resources available for studying the physical and mathematical principles behind the structure and motion of clouds, including a Springer book, a lecture series, and a Nature article. Additionally, one can do a Google search to find more information on the topic.
Josh0768
TL;DR Summary
General inquiry on resources for physics of clouds
Does anyone know of any good papers/lectures/textbooks/etc that discuss the physical and mathematical principles that explain the structure and motion of clouds? Thanks.

Earth sciences news on Phys.org
Likes davenn, 256bits, Lnewqban and 1 other person
You can also do a Google search on physics of clouds and get lots of good hits:

1617902335380.png

Likes davenn, 256bits and jedishrfu
Baluncore said:
Ack. The incredibly ironic part of your post is that I had to Google that acronym. I'm getting dizzy. o0)

• Haha
Likes Klystron, Tom.G and BillTre
I hate google.
You have to have the knowledge to know what's pertinent. ?:)

1617952452549.png

I always thought the Bible on this was Prupacher and Klett

Hans R Pruppacher, James D Klett, 1996, 2'nd Edn, Microphysics Of Clouds And Precipitation.

What are the different types of clouds?

There are four main types of clouds: cumulus, stratus, cirrus, and nimbus. Cumulus clouds are puffy and white, stratus clouds are low and flat, cirrus clouds are thin and wispy, and nimbus clouds are dark and produce precipitation.

How are clouds formed?

Clouds are formed when warm air rises and cools, causing water vapor to condense into tiny droplets or ice crystals. These droplets or crystals then gather together to form clouds.

What role do clouds play in the Earth's climate?

Clouds play a crucial role in regulating the Earth's climate by reflecting sunlight back into space and trapping heat in the atmosphere. They also help to distribute heat and moisture around the globe.

What is the difference between fog and clouds?

Fog is essentially a cloud that forms near the ground, while clouds form higher in the atmosphere. Fog is also denser and closer to the ground, making it harder to see through.

How do scientists study clouds?

Scientists study clouds using a variety of methods, including satellite imagery, ground-based instruments, and computer models. They also conduct field studies and experiments to gather data on cloud formation and behavior.