Self-Learning Physics and math

If you're not sure which courses you'll be taking, you can always start with some introductory courses in Algebra, Calculus, and General Physics to brush up on your basics. As for online courses, Khan Academy is a great resource for free and comprehensive lessons. Other options include Coursera and edX, which offer a variety of courses from top universities. Additionally, you can check out OpenStax for free online textbooks. Remember to pace yourself and take breaks as needed. Good luck!
Eagertolearnphysics
Hey everybody! I am a physics junior in education college and I feel that I am not getting a good preparation in Physics and Mathematics. I have a basic understanding of Algebra, Calculus I and General Physics And I am totally free for THREE months period and I am ready to study for at least 12 hours a day.So, What online courses and textbook do you recommend?

Physics news on Phys.org
Eagertolearnphysics said:
I have a basic understanding of Algebra, Calculus I and General Physics And I am totally free for THREE months period and I am ready to study for at least 12 hours a day.

Easy there! Don't burn yourself out! Use the summer to relax a bit before really hitting the books again during the school year.

Eagertolearnphysics said:
So, What online courses and textbook do you recommend?

I'd say look up which textbooks you'll need for your upcoming classes and grab those if possible.

Related to Self-Learning Physics and math

1. What is self-learning physics and math?

Self-learning physics and math is the process of learning and understanding concepts in physics and mathematics on your own, without the guidance of a teacher or instructor. It involves using various resources such as textbooks, online courses, and practice problems to gain knowledge and improve skills in these subjects.

2. Is self-learning physics and math effective?

Yes, self-learning physics and math can be highly effective for individuals who are self-motivated and have good time management skills. It allows for a more personalized learning experience and can lead to a deeper understanding of the subject material.

3. What are some resources for self-learning physics and math?

There are many resources available for self-learning physics and math, including textbooks, online courses, video lectures, practice problems, and study groups. It is important to find resources that suit your learning style and cater to your specific needs.

4. How can I stay motivated while self-learning physics and math?

Staying motivated while self-learning can be challenging, but setting realistic goals, breaking up study sessions into manageable chunks, and rewarding yourself for progress can help. It is also helpful to find a study partner or join a study group to stay accountable.

5. Can self-learning physics and math help me in my career?

Yes, self-learning physics and math can be beneficial for your career, especially in fields such as engineering, computer science, and finance. It can also improve problem-solving and critical thinking skills, which are valuable in any profession.