Take the "Extremely Cool IQ Test" Now!

In summary, the conversation revolves around a test based on flash movies that requires a browser plug-in to run. Individuals have varying opinions about the accuracy and enjoyment of the test, with some scoring high and others scoring low. Some believe the timer on each question adds pressure and affects their score, while others find it fun and challenging. There are also discussions about the validity of IQ tests and the impact of monitor contrast on scores. Some individuals admit to clicking randomly and getting low scores, while others take their time and score higher. Overall, the conversation includes expressions of surprise, humor, and curiosity about the test and its results.
Tigers2B1
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I don't get it. I scored a 140.

164. I'd say this isn't the most accurate test available, but it is cool

I did not find it that cool!

that's because you don't know what cool is. jk
Instead of cool, how about if I say it was different than other iq tests I've taken online. I liked the timer on each question and I liked that it was more challenging than others. However, I think there should have been a place to put in my age.

Extraterrestrial Tribdog,huh...??I'm still earthly...

Daniel.

bluescreened around question 10 the first time and scored 149 the second, so I'm guessing my score would have been somewhere below that the first time.

Interesting test though. The timer makes you sort of panic and lose your concentration

164...I have got that score on another iq test before, but it's more logic than the other tests I took. I think iq should be a more rounded score than just logic.

I scored a 145 which is about average for how I do on these online type things.

took it again and got 172, haven't tried a third time.

Thought I did terribly (was clueless on a couple questions, so clicked almost arbitrarily), but I got 172. I'm sure this test is just wrong.

Last edited:
turns out it's not a test on how correct you are, but how fast you can click your mouse.

I selected random answers all the way through: 65

The timer is distracting and shouldn't be shown.

The test is probably only remotely accurate in the average-gifted range, or probably 80-140. I never held the opinion that IQ tests with that sort of (comparatively low) ceiling on them could accurately gauge people who score a great majority of the questions right.

Last edited by a moderator:
vsage said:
The test is probably only remotely accurate in the average-gifted range, or probably 80-140. I never held the opinion that IQ tests with that sort of (comparatively low) ceiling on them could accurately gauge people who score a great majority of the questions right.

oh, you mean silly huemaans. yes I agree.

IQ tests are not really my interest though i occasionally give every free test that exists (if they are free, there should be no harm right) :p

Anyways i got enough points to solve Fermats Last Theorem.
Beware wiles your proof will be rendered useless with my incredibly simple proof (goes and digs out the fermats lost book from his backyard). (Smart! aint i? or aint i?)

-- AI

This is strange. I scored 172 too. That makes 3 of us having that score.

The test is definitely wrong.

Maybe it asserts points,not function of the answers given,but randomly to IP-s...Mine was small ranked and only got 131 points...Yeah,maybe i should change my net connection...

Daniel.

dextercioby said:
Maybe it asserts points,not function of the answers given,but randomly to IP-s...Mine was small ranked and only got 131 points...Yeah,maybe i should change my net connection...

Daniel.
that would be the intelligent thing to do, so maybe you should come up with somthing else. 131? that's almost average. Average people are way dumber than most. <--lol, that's funny

By the way, what is the criterion of points for moron, average, intelligent etc. based on this test.

well, i got 138. it says it is good but i don't think so. anyways it was my first time. i'll try it again.

Tribby,it's good to be dumb,trust me,you get less publicity and you have more time for yourself...:wink:

Daniel,the regular dumb

...a$$...:tongue2:

The test starts at 0, goes up to 215 and you get a few points per question. Interesting that it is easy to get a negative score on this test.

Ah, no, it goes higher! At least 223. Also there is a lot of white text which my monitor doesn't pick up; you can zoom into read it though you have to strain, or you can right-click and turn on "options." There are instructions for every problem.

Also, by right-clicking and then clicking "print," you can pause it and get unlimited time on a question. --or you can unclick the "play" checkmark for the same effect

Last edited:
And in the "your score" box at the end you can type in any value you want.

IQ tests such as these are not valid; in fact IQ tests are quite worthless in my opinion except for establishing a concrete basis for mental retardation. They are usually created by someone involved in IQ societies.

I am curious about that white text--for those of you who have taken the test, were you able to see the instructions? I see a sharp divide between 170ish scores and 140ish scores--is that a result of monitor contrast?

vikasj007 said:
well, i got 138. it says it is good but i don't think so. anyways it was my first time. i'll try it again.

in my second try i got 172. :approve:

this test may not be very correct but it sure is fun.

though, i don't have any clue about #20.

awww.. 115 stupid me stupid me.. maybe 'cause I wasn't lookin to the monitor?

Alkatran said:
I selected random answers all the way through: 65

The timer is distracting and shouldn't be shown.

I did the same and got 66!

hahah funny posts man

Well, I only got 113.

At least I'm honest.

*eyes these 172 people suspiciously*

Am I even alive?

Clicking randomly I scored 65, clicking intuitively I scored 120. When I actually tried to work out the answers, I scored 39! Am I even conscious? I usually average about 140 in these tests. I really need to improve my spatial awareness...ouch!

Got a 99. Then, I'm a sophmore in HS and couldn't do half the math.