Three phase star connection with different offset

In summary, the conversation discusses finding the voltage required to produce the same phase currents in a balanced star connection as in a standard three phase voltage source. The problem is not clear and there is a lack of information about the impedance and load details. The proposed solution involves finding the voltage value per 1 degree and adding the difference to the given voltage, but the calculations are not clearly shown.
MrKriss

Homework Statement

For a balanced star connection i have given angles for V1=90 V2=0 V3=-90 i have to find the voltage required to produce the same phase currents as in standard three phase voltage source e.g V1=120 V2=0 V3 =-120

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Im not even sure what t he question is asking me or how to do it my understanding is finding voltage value per 1 degree and just add the difference if voltage is example 230. I am mainly mechanical based so electrical ain't my strong point

Physics news on Phys.org
all i have found that voltage rquired to provide same values as 230V is 180V not sure how to mathematically show with correct calculations

The problem is not clear.
What is the impedance of the system?
For example, if the phase angle of I1 should be 120°, the load power factor angle should be 30° leading.
Is there any information provided about the load?

1. What is a three phase star connection with different offset?

A three phase star connection with different offset is a type of electrical connection in which three voltage sources are connected in a star configuration, with each source having a different phase angle offset from the other two. This results in a balanced three-phase system with a non-zero neutral current.

2. How does a three phase star connection with different offset differ from a regular star connection?

In a regular three phase star connection, all three voltage sources have the same phase angle, resulting in a zero neutral current. In a three phase star connection with different offset, the phase angles are not equal, resulting in a non-zero neutral current.

3. What are the advantages of using a three phase star connection with different offset?

One advantage of using this type of connection is that it allows for a more balanced distribution of power between the three phases, reducing the risk of overloading any one phase. It also allows for better control of power flow and voltage regulation.

4. How is a three phase star connection with different offset implemented?

This type of connection is implemented by connecting the three voltage sources in a star configuration, with each source having a different phase angle offset from the others. The neutral point is then connected to the common point of the star.

5. What are the applications of a three phase star connection with different offset?

This type of connection is commonly used in industrial and commercial power systems, as well as in large-scale renewable energy systems. It is also used in power distribution systems to balance the load and reduce the risk of overloading any one phase.