TI 89 Help complex Function Evaluation

In summary, the TI-89 calculator can handle complex functions by using specific functions such as complex(), evalc(), graphing functions, solve(), and simplify(). These functions allow users to enter, evaluate, graph, find roots, and simplify complex functions with ease.
Small2213
Is it possible to evaluate the limit of a complex function on a ti 89?

Computer science news on Phys.org
This guy does a lot of graphing calculators videos

1. How do I enter a complex function into the TI-89 calculator?

To enter a complex function into the TI-89 calculator, use the complex() function followed by the expression inside parentheses. For example, to enter the function f(z) = z^2 + 3i, you would type complex(z^2 + 3i).

2. How do I evaluate a complex function using the TI-89 calculator?

To evaluate a complex function using the TI-89 calculator, use the evalc() function followed by the expression inside parentheses. For example, to evaluate the function f(z) = z^2 + 3i at z = 2 + 4i, you would type evalc(z^2 + 3i, 2 + 4i).

3. Can I graph complex functions on the TI-89 calculator?

Yes, the TI-89 calculator can graph complex functions. To graph a complex function, use the graphing capabilities of the calculator and enter the function in the form of f(x+yi) = u(x,y) + iv(x,y), where u(x,y) and v(x,y) are the real and imaginary parts of the function.

4. How do I find the roots of a complex function using the TI-89 calculator?

To find the roots of a complex function using the TI-89 calculator, use the solve() function followed by the expression inside parentheses. For example, to find the roots of the function f(z) = z^2 + 3i, you would type solve(z^2 + 3i).

5. How can I simplify a complex function expression on the TI-89 calculator?

To simplify a complex function expression on the TI-89 calculator, use the simplify() function followed by the expression inside parentheses. For example, to simplify the expression (2+3i)(4-5i), you would type simplify((2+3i)(4-5i)).