Troubleshooting Calculator Issues: Wolfram & Equation in Photo

In summary, the conversation is about a problem with checking solutions on calculators. The person is having trouble with getting a result for a specific equation on Wolfram and is wondering if they need to simplify something. They also mention a possible mistake in their homework list and plan to contact their teacher for help.
polibuda
TL;DR Summary
differential equation
I have the problem with checking solution in calculators. For example wolfram doesn't give result of this equation. Have you any idea what is going on? Maybe should I simplyfy something. The equation is placed in photo.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201124-180539_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201124-180539_Chrome.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 179
Physics news on Phys.org
Is y'' really multiplying y'?

Yes, I have it on my homework list.

Surely that would have been written as [itex]6y''y'[/itex] not [itex]y'' \times 6y'[/itex]?

Are the other problems on your homework list second order linear ODEs?

Are you sure it isn't [itex]y'' + 6y' + 8y = 16t^2[/itex]?

pasmith said:
Surely that would have been written as [itex]6y''y'[/itex] not [itex]y'' \times 6y'[/itex]?

Are the other problems on your homework list second order linear ODEs?

Are you sure it isn't [itex]y'' + 6y' + 8y = 16t^2[/itex]?
I am sure it is like I have written. Perhaps it is mistake in my homework list, so I need to contact with my teacher. Thanks for help.

1. What is Wolfram and how is it used in a calculator?

Wolfram is a computational software program that is used in calculators to perform complex mathematical calculations. It is also used to solve equations and graph functions.

2. Why is my calculator not recognizing equations in photos?

There could be several reasons for this issue. One possibility is that the photo quality is poor, making it difficult for the calculator to accurately read the equation. Another reason could be that the equation is too complex for the calculator to recognize.

3. How can I troubleshoot issues with my calculator's Wolfram and equation recognition?

First, make sure that the photo of the equation is clear and well-lit. If the issue persists, try resetting your calculator or updating the software. You can also try using a different calculator or contacting the manufacturer for further assistance.

4. Can I use Wolfram and equation recognition on any calculator?

Not all calculators have the capability to use Wolfram and equation recognition. It is important to check the specifications of your calculator before attempting to use these features.

5. Is there a limit to the complexity of equations that a calculator can recognize?

Yes, calculators have limitations in terms of the complexity of equations they can recognize. It is best to check the user manual or contact the manufacturer to determine the capabilities of your specific calculator.