Using the TI-84 Plus Silver Edition's Buttons as Pictures in MS Word

In summary, the conversation discussed how some presentations use pictures of TI-84 calculator buttons to explain certain calculations. The method of obtaining these pictures was suggested to be finding them online and cutting them out or using a specific font. Additional caution may need to be taken when distributing the document with embedded fonts.
vanmaiden
When some people explain how to do a certain calculation through a presentation, I sometimes see these presentations use the buttons necessary to press as pictures. For example, I've seen presentations tell me how to graph certain functions and, instead of saying press "Y=," the presentation would have the actual "Y=" button as a picture so you know what to look for on your calculator. I was wondering how these presentations got these pictures of the TI-84's buttons on their presentations as I would like to use them in an MS Word document.

Thank you!

Computer science news on Phys.org
Use a font http://www.google.com/search?q=ti-84+font.
If you distribute the document electronically,
you may have to take care to somehow include or embed the fonts.

http://education.ti.com/educationportal/sites/US/productCategory/us_key_fonts.html

Last edited by a moderator:

I am familiar with using technology to communicate and present data and calculations. It is great to hear that you have come across presentations that use pictures of the buttons on the TI-84 Plus Silver Edition to explain certain calculations. This is a helpful visual aid for those who may not be as familiar with the calculator's functions.

To answer your question, there are a few ways to get these pictures of the TI-84 Plus buttons into an MS Word document. One way is to take a screenshot of the calculator's screen while displaying the button you want to use. Then, you can crop the screenshot to only include the button and insert it into your document.

Another option is to use a graphics program, such as Adobe Photoshop, to create a custom image of the button. This would allow you to have a more polished and consistent look for all the buttons in your document.

Lastly, there are also websites and software available that provide pre-made images of calculator buttons that you can simply copy and paste into your document.

I hope this helps you incorporate these helpful visual aids into your MS Word document. Good luck with your presentation!

1. How do I transfer pictures from my TI-84 Plus Silver Edition to MS Word?

You can transfer pictures from your TI-84 Plus Silver Edition to MS Word by using a USB cable to connect the calculator to your computer. Then, open the TI Connect software and select the pictures you want to transfer. Finally, drag and drop the pictures into your MS Word document.

2. Can I use any picture or only specific ones from the calculator?

You can use any picture from your TI-84 Plus Silver Edition as long as it is in the correct format (.8xi or .8ci). You can also create your own custom pictures by using the calculator's graphing tools.

3. How can I resize the pictures in MS Word?

To resize pictures in MS Word, click on the picture and then click and drag any of the corners to adjust the size. You can also right-click on the picture and select "Format Picture" to access more advanced resizing options.

4. Can I edit the pictures once they are in MS Word?

Yes, you can edit the pictures in MS Word just like any other image. You can use the formatting options to change the color, size, and other properties of the picture. You can also crop, rotate, or add borders to the picture.

5. What other software can I use to transfer pictures from my calculator to my computer?

Aside from TI Connect, you can also use third-party software such as TI-Graph Link or TI-Connect CE to transfer pictures from your calculator to your computer. These software also have additional features and compatibility with different operating systems.