What are some good ideas for capstone project?

In summary, a ME student is looking for project ideas for their 3rd year and is interested in eco-friendly/sustainable projects as well as projects that could benefit people in third world countries. A suggestion is given to look into solving the problem of keeping food and medicines cold in hot, dry countries with limited resources. A resource is provided for further inspiration.
Dimitri655
Hey guys!

I'm a ME student starting my 3rd year and I am trying to come up with project ideas for next year. I was wondering if you could help me out. For the moment I was mostly interested in eco friendly/ sustainable projects but I'm not completely up to date on the subject so I'm not sure what are some current solvable problems that I could work on. Else, I would also be keen on doing a cool project that would benefit people in third world countries. So if you have any ideas, feel free to share.

Thanks,

Engineering news on Phys.org
One of the big unsolved problems is how to keep food and medicines cold in hot dry countries with few resources .

1. What is a capstone project?

A capstone project is a culminating project that students typically complete in their final year of study. It is a comprehensive project that integrates knowledge and skills from various subject areas and allows students to showcase their learning and apply it to a real-world problem or issue.

2. How do I choose a topic for my capstone project?

Choosing a topic for your capstone project can be a daunting task, but it is important to select a topic that you are passionate about and that aligns with your academic and career goals. Consider brainstorming ideas with your peers, speaking with your advisor, and researching current issues in your field of study to help you narrow down your options.

3. Can I work on a capstone project with a group?

This depends on the requirements set by your institution or program. Some capstone projects may require students to work independently, while others may allow for group projects. If group work is allowed, it is important to choose group members who are reliable and have similar interests and goals for the project.

4. How long should a capstone project be?

The length of a capstone project can vary depending on the specific requirements. Some projects may be as short as a few pages, while others may require a more in-depth report or presentation. It is important to carefully review the guidelines for your capstone project to ensure that you meet the required length.

5. What are some examples of capstone project ideas?

Capstone projects can cover a wide range of topics and can be tailored to fit a student's specific interests and goals. Some examples include developing a marketing plan for a local business, conducting a research study on a social issue, creating a technology-based solution for a community problem, or designing a sustainable building. The possibilities are endless, but the key is to choose a project that aligns with your interests and allows you to demonstrate your skills and knowledge.