What Do American Girls Look for in a Man?

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary, there is no definitive answer to what American girls like in a man as preferences can vary greatly among individuals. However, some girls may prefer traditional values such as waiting until marriage for sex and avoiding taboo topics like abortion, while others may be more open and unconventional. The most desirable trait for American women may be the ability to make them laugh consistently. Additionally, there are no specific taboos that should be avoided in conversation, but it's important to be respectful and mindful of others' sensitivities.
fi said:
thanks for the tips, I always felt I must be more adventurous in the kitchen, no more plain solely jam, solely peanut butter (did I mention 'skippy' is the american brand available here, do we like that?), solely banana, raisin, salad, ham, cheese sandwiches on wholegrain organic. The kids I'm sure will thank you.

You must refrain from this goo, Kippers and custard, now that is good, or beef
dripping sandwiches, yummy, or salt a and vinager crisps sarnie.

Physics news on Phys.org
You've just reminded me of things my grandfather used to eat, and now I recall his Sunday night treat, marmite soup. Lovely memories, thankyou

wolram said:
You must refrain from this goo, Kippers and custard, now that is good, or beef
dripping sandwiches, yummy, or salt a and vinager crisps sarnie.
I grew up on beef and lamb dripping sandwiches - in addition to Vegemite. :biggrin:

Then we put http://www.kraft.com.au/kraftKitchens/popup.cfm?page=promotions/winterWarmers_july2005/recipePopup (Kraft product) in hot water for soup, and I seem to remember Bovril.

That Bonox link takes one to a site with the following recipes -

• Steak, Shallot and Thyme Pie
  • Steak with Rosemary and Mustard Sauce
  • Meatballs in Tomato Sauce
  • Baby Beef Wellingtons
  • Hungarian Goulash

Bonox, a beef extract that can be made into a drink or used as stock was launched in 1919. It became something of a household name - it used to be common for people to offer 'Coffee, tea or Bonox?' to friends. I think Bonox is still sold in supermarkets today.

Anyone remember Tarax?

Last edited:
lamb dripping? i hope it isn't the same as lamb droppings. well, you eat vegemite, so it might be.

yourdadonapogostick said:
lamb dripping? i hope it isn't the same as lamb droppings. well, you eat vegemite, so it might be.
Drippings is the thick grease left over after one roasts meat, particularly beef or lamb.

I also ate the gristle and usually chewed on the bones to get at the marrow. Helps to have strong teeth. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Astronuc said:
Drippings is the thick grease left over after one roasts meat, particularly beef or lamb.
When I was a kid, I used to dip bread in bacon drippings. Sounds horrible to me now and I can't believe I really used to do that. :yuck:

I also ate the gristle and usually chewed on the bones to get at the marrow. Helps to have strong teeth. :biggrin:
I never ate the gristle, but I used to love chewing on bones and getting every little bit of meat off. I don't do that anymore either. For some reason, it just doesn't taste as good as it used to. :frown:

chewing on bones? what species are you?

chewing on bones? what species are you?
Selenarctos thibetanus of course. :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
Selenarctos thibetanus of course. :biggrin:
how was i supposed to know what kind of bear lives on the moon?

Wow... this thread has gone way off topic hasn't it?
Actually I picked up a bottle of Black Swan Merlot last night. Not bad.

yea, what does this have to do with american girls? well, it is past the fifth page and in GD, so what do you expect?

Well Moonbear is a woman, and she is American, and she is single, so I hope all the eligible men out there are taking notes.

She would make a terrific wife! :smile:

damn my age deficiency! :smile:

So many wonderful women in the world and for some reason they all live so far away. Maybe my friends are right. Maybe there's a serious drought of quality women in Orange County and I just have to go live somewhere else.

Moonbear said:
I'm mildly disgusted by the suggestion here that one should add butter to their peanut butter sandwich. Why? :eek:
In my case, it's to make it less cloying. I heavily butter the bread to make it all easier to chew. The way that I prep my sandwich is to put about 100g of peanut butter on the bread, then sprinkle on about 3 or 4 tablespoons of chile powder (enough that you can't see the peanut butter under it), then add enough salt to just make the chile powder hard to see. It's a great breakfast or snack, and a few of them can be a full meal.

Danger said:
In my case, it's to make it less cloying. I heavily butter the bread to make it all easier to chew. The way that I prep my sandwich is to put about 100g of peanut butter on the bread, then sprinkle on about 3 or 4 tablespoons of chile powder (enough that you can't see the peanut butter under it), then add enough salt to just make the chile powder hard to see. It's a great breakfast or snack, and a few of them can be a full meal.

And Danger reckons it's the smoking that's going to kill him? :smile:

i always thought he would just choke on a hairball. :smile:

brewnog said:
And Danger reckons it's the smoking that's going to kill him? :smile:
:tongue:

i always thought he would just choke on a hairball. :smile:
No chance! I'm quite careful while merkin-munching. :biggrin:

TheStatutoryApe said:
So many wonderful women in the world and for some reason they all live so far away. Maybe my friends are right. Maybe there's a serious drought of quality women in Orange County and I just have to go live somewhere else.
Well, it seems there's a drought of quality men everywhere else. How does WV sound to you? :rofl:

Hmmmm.. what's the weather like?
I'd be tempted to move to Arizona but I can't stand the heat.

TheStatutoryApe said:
I've mostly been there in the fall and winter, when it gets downright chilly. It's mountains, so you get lots of light snowfall. In the fall, the air was crisp and cool in the mornings, but warm in the afternoon. It's beautiful driving through the mountains when the leaves are turning their fall colors. I haven't been there in spring and summer yet, so am hoping it will be warm enough for me. I'd be happy if it was just warm enough that I could keep the windows open and just cool enough to avoid air conditioning in most of the summer (maybe just August, because if August is that cool, the rest of the year is too cold).

TheStatutoryApe said:
But it is a dry heat.

Anyway, I liked Flagstaff - I think that's pretty mild compared to Tucson or Phoenix. I found Phoenix too polluted, like most major cities - too much brown air.

Anyway, how about WV? :biggrin:

I dunno... it's tempting. I think though that I prefer Oregon type weather. Love the rain. My friend Jaime has been trying to convince me to move to Frisco because of the weather there. Hmmmm.. so many choices.

back to the topic...peanut butter and olives

back off the topic ... We camped in the Shenandoah's in May of 1991 and I had a conference once (1994?) in wherever-they-filmed-Dirty-Dancing, in October.

Lovely weather both times.

I think the big thing will be culture shock - lots of twangy hillbilly types, there's a reason a lot of us don't know many West Virginians.

And I would be shocked if there are any on this board! If there are, no offense, your mileage may vary! And I grew up in the sticks of southern Indiana - so have a fair bit of hillbilly in me myself. Crayfish? What's a crayfish? Oh! You mean a crawdad!

TheStatutoryApe said:
My friend Jaime has been trying to convince me to move to Frisco because of the weather there. Hmmmm.. so many choices.

Definitely my suggestion. Liberal, wine country, incredible education level all around. Great area for kids to grow up - if you want them to have a sense of diversity and tolerance regarding the world.

When I want to run screaming from *red* *red* *red* Ventura county, San Fransisco tops the list of possibilities within the US.

pattylou said:
I think the big thing will be culture shock - lots of twangy hillbilly types, there's a reason a lot of us don't know many West Virginians.

Shush! Why do you think I'm trying to import a Californian for when I get there? :tongue2: :biggrin: :wink: But, I don't mind cleaning fish and skinning deer, so that should make me a great catch in a wife for a West Virginian, right? Fortunately, the part of the state I'm moving to is more like a suburb of Pittsburgh (though I'm not sure how much of an improvement that is). :rolleyes: