What University offers an online master degree?

In summary, the conversation revolved around a person looking for an online master's degree in Physics due to personal responsibilities preventing them from traveling to other countries. The other person mentioned that there are no reputable online master's programs in Physics, but there are some in engineering and business in the US. The conversation ended with the person asking for information on universities offering online master's programs in engineering, to which the other person provided two options from the University of Arizona and Purdue University.
CARLOS VELASQUEZ
Hi guys

I want to study an online master degree in Physics, and I want to know if someone know about Universities that offer this option.

I live in Ecuador. I want to study more but I can not travel to other countries for a very large time due to personal responsabilities. I am a Physics graduate, my published papers are about nanoparticles, lighting, optics and metrology. I want a master degree in this line.

Could you help me with this information?

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
A reputable online masters degree? I don't think you'll find anything.

Likes Student100
There are quite a few in the US in engineering, business. None physics though.

Crek said:
There are quite a few in the US in engineering, business. None physics though.
Thank you, do you know what University offers that kind of programs in engineering?

1. What is an online master's degree?

An online master's degree is a postgraduate academic degree that can be earned through online coursework and virtual learning platforms. It is equivalent to a traditional on-campus master's degree in terms of academic rigor and requirements.

2. Can any university offer an online master's degree?

No, not all universities offer online master's degrees. Some universities may not have the resources or infrastructure to support online learning, while others may choose to only offer certain programs or degrees online.

3. What are the benefits of earning an online master's degree?

Some potential benefits of earning an online master's degree include flexibility in scheduling, the ability to continue working while studying, and the opportunity to learn from a diverse group of students and professors from around the world.

4. Are online master's degrees considered to be of the same quality as traditional on-campus degrees?

Yes, online master's degrees are generally considered to be of the same quality as traditional on-campus degrees. However, it is important to research the accreditation and reputation of the university and program before enrolling.

5. How long does it take to complete an online master's degree?

The length of an online master's degree program can vary depending on the specific program, but on average it takes about 1-2 years to complete. Some programs may offer accelerated options or allow students to take courses at their own pace, which can affect the overall length of the program.