Which software can I use which lets me make 2 videos into one clip

In summary, there are several free software options available for combining two videos into one clip such as Shotcut, OpenShot, and VSDC Free Video Editor. Most video editing software also allows you to merge videos of different formats, but it's important to check compatibility beforehand. Adding transitions between videos in a merged clip can be done by dragging and dropping them in the timeline, and the combined clip can be edited further with effects, trimming, and adding audio or text. Additionally, there are also online tools like Kapwing, Clideo, and FlexClip that offer video merging services without the need for downloading software, but the quality and speed may vary depending on internet connection.
miniradman
Hello there, I'm looking for some kind of software which allows me to play 2 video clips at once for comparison purposes. I don't simply want to string them together one after the other, but I would like to show both clips at the same time, in the same video file.

This is one example on youtube I found:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPelM2hwhJA

however I only want 2 to play at once

anybody know how I could possibly do this?

Computer science news on Phys.org
Sony Vegas, check this out -

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Which software can I use which lets me make 2 videos into one clip

1. Can I use a free software to combine two videos into one clip?

Yes, there are several free software options available for combining two videos into one clip. Some popular ones include Shotcut, OpenShot, and VSDC Free Video Editor.

2. Is it possible to merge videos of different formats into one clip?

Yes, most video editing software allows you to merge videos of different formats. However, it's always a good idea to check the compatibility of your videos with the software before attempting to merge them.

3. How do I add transitions between the two videos in the merged clip?

Most video editing software provides an option to add transitions between videos in a merged clip. This can typically be done by dragging and dropping the desired transition between the two videos in the timeline.

4. Can I edit the combined video clip after merging the videos?

Yes, you can edit the combined video clip just like any other video. You can add effects, trim or cut out certain parts, and add audio or text as desired.

5. Are there any online tools available for merging videos into one clip?

Yes, there are several online tools such as Kapwing, Clideo, and FlexClip that allow you to merge videos online without the need for downloading any software. However, the speed and quality of the merged clip may vary depending on your internet connection.