Will you be attending the AAPT Summer Meeting 2018?

• Thread starter Dr Transport
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Aapt Summer
In summary, the conversation discussed the possibility of attending the AAPT 2018 summer meeting in Washington DC. The speaker recently renewed their membership after a 20-year hiatus and was considering going since they live near the District and work there. They suggested having a meet and greet among forum members, but it was revealed that not many people attend the meeting due to its expense. The speaker has been regularly attending and presenting at AAPT meetings since 2004, but this year they decided to take a break and focus on writing papers. They find the meetings to be a great place to get new ideas, share ideas, and connect with colleagues.
Dr Transport
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
Anyone going?? I recently renewed my membership having let it go for ~20 years and since I live on the edge of the District and work in the District I was thinking of going.

Maybe have a meet and greet among the Forum members??

Physics news on Phys.org
https://www.physicsforums.com/threa...eting-washington-dc-jul-28-aug-1-2018.938547/

Meet and greet would have been cool.. but it seems no one else goes.
(Admittedly, it is expensive to go to. I'm thankful that I often have access to funds that help pay for my attendance.)
https://www.google.com/search?q=aapt+meeting+site:physicsforums.com

I've been going regularly and presenting (at least once a year) since 2004
(from this past decade https://www.aapt.org/Conferences/meetings.cfm , I only missed Atlanta (2017), New Orleans (2013), Philadelphia (2012), Omaha (2011)).
But this summer, I thought to give myself a break and work on writing up some papers...

I find AAPT meetings a good place to get "recharged"... by getting ideas and sharing ideas, as well as catching up with some colleagues.
If you can go, you should.

1. What is the AAPT Summer Meeting 2018?

The AAPT Summer Meeting 2018 is an annual conference organized by the American Association of Physics Teachers (AAPT). It is a gathering of physics educators, researchers, and students to share ideas, present research, and discuss the latest developments in physics education.

2. When and where will the AAPT Summer Meeting 2018 take place?

The AAPT Summer Meeting 2018 will take place from July 28 to August 1, 2018 in Washington D.C. at the Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel.

3. Who can attend the AAPT Summer Meeting 2018?

The AAPT Summer Meeting 2018 is open to anyone with an interest in physics education. This includes physics educators, researchers, students, and professionals from related fields.

4. What can I expect to see at the AAPT Summer Meeting 2018?

The AAPT Summer Meeting 2018 will feature plenary talks, workshops, panel discussions, and poster sessions covering a wide range of topics related to physics education. Attendees will also have the opportunity to network with other professionals in the field and learn about the latest resources and technologies for teaching physics.

5. How can I register for the AAPT Summer Meeting 2018?

Registration for the AAPT Summer Meeting 2018 can be done online through the AAPT website. Early bird registration ends on May 31, 2018, and regular registration ends on July 13, 2018. On-site registration will also be available at the conference.