Would these parts work for a "Tesla Coil" (Slayer Exciter)?

In summary, the conversation was about making a Slayer Exciter circuit with a Tesla Coil, and the person had their parts laid out but wanted to make sure they would work before purchasing them. They listed the parts they had, including an off and on switch, 0.5'' PVC pipe, 9v battery, 9v battery holder, 22k ohm resistor, 2N 2222A transistor, and copper wire. They also mentioned wanting tips and a schematic of the planned build. One person mentioned not being familiar with the term "Slayer Exciter" and suggested using Google for more information.
SickTechz
Hello, I want to make a Slayer Exciter circuit with a Tesla Coil. I have my parts laid out, but I want to make sure that they would work before purchasing them.
I would appreciate it if you guys could tell me whether or not there are any issues here or any other tips ;)

Engineering news on Phys.org
SickTechz said:
I would appreciate it if you guys could tell me whether or not there are any issues here or any other tips ;)

a schematic of what you are planning to build would be helpful
giving us a list of disassociated parts isn't really useful

I never heard of a "Slayer Exciter" . Is that its scientific name? .

jim hardy said:
I never heard of a "Slayer Exciter" . Is that its scientific name? .
Google is your friend.

1. Can I use any type of wire for the Tesla Coil?

No, it is important to use a specific type of wire, such as enameled copper wire, for the Tesla Coil to ensure proper functioning and safety.

2. Can I substitute the recommended capacitors for the Tesla Coil?

No, it is not recommended to substitute the capacitors as they play a crucial role in the functioning of the Tesla Coil. Using the recommended capacitors will ensure optimal performance and safety.

3. Do I need a specific type of power supply for the Tesla Coil?

Yes, it is important to use a high voltage and high frequency power supply for the Tesla Coil. Using the wrong type of power supply can damage the components and potentially be dangerous.

4. How do I know if the parts I have chosen are compatible for a Slayer Exciter Tesla Coil?

The best way to ensure compatibility is to follow a schematic or design guide specifically for a Slayer Exciter Tesla Coil. It is also recommended to double check the specifications of each component to ensure they meet the requirements.

5. Can I use recycled or salvaged parts for the Tesla Coil?

While it is possible to use recycled or salvaged parts, it is important to carefully inspect and test each component to ensure they are in good working condition. Using faulty or damaged parts can result in a malfunctioning or dangerous Tesla Coil.